Infor for Frank

Old December 12th 19, 07:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Infor for Frank

I know that you don't use STI shifters but the following might be of
interest anyway.
https://tinyurl.com/tz7ffhh
--
cheers,

John B.

Old December 12th 19, 12:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, 12 December 2019 02:00:19 UTC-5, John B. wrote:
I know that you don't use STI shifters but the following might be of
interest anyway.
https://tinyurl.com/tz7ffhh
--
cheers,

John B.

That's precisely why I chose Campagnolo Ergo levers over STI when I decide to go that route back in the early 2000s. Many STI levers now also have the cables running under the handlebar tape.

Cheers
Old December 12th 19, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/12/2019 2:00 AM, John B. wrote:

I know that you don't use STI shifters but the following might be of
interest anyway.
https://tinyurl.com/tz7ffhh

Clever! My daughter's bike has STI, and on tours she used a handlebar
bag. This would have made things neater.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 12th 19, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 8:36:41 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/12/2019 2:00 AM, John B. wrote:

I know that you don't use STI shifters but the following might be of
interest anyway.
https://tinyurl.com/tz7ffhh

Clever! My daughter's bike has STI, and on tours she used a handlebar
bag. This would have made things neater.

I think all the STI levers above Tiagra made in the last probably 10 years have rear exit cables. This is an issue for old retrofits and Tiagra or lower.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old December 12th 19, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

wrote:
On 12/12/2019 2:00 AM, John B. wrote:

I know that you don't use STI shifters but the following might be
of interest anyway. https://tinyurl.com/tz7ffhh

Clever! My daughter's bike has STI, and on tours she used a
handlebar bag. This would have made things neater.

I think all the STI levers above Tiagra made in the last probably 10
years have rear exit cables. This is an issue for old retrofits and
Tiagra or lower.

I was thinking that, but it is another tool in the armory of cable
routing. A few kinks in my cables could be sorted out in a similar
manner. E.g. I use one of these on the top tube;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ABUS-453427.../dp/B003F88PY2

All my bikes have them and I like them, but the rear brake cable has to
run against it one way or another. That noodly solution would be a bit
neater.

Especially for Frank [email protected] Techniques 5 October 6th 17 04:19 PM
Let's be Frank.... Anton Berlin Racing 3 October 30th 09 12:00 AM
Where's Dr. Frank? MagillaGorilla[_3_] Racing 0 September 25th 08 09:35 PM
Dr. Frank MagillaGorilla[_2_] Racing 5 December 17th 07 03:22 AM
Frank Andre Racing 1 October 16th 06 07:31 AM