What is the most important question for a presidential candidate:"Were you wearing a helmet while bicycling?"

Old January 28th 20, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default What is the most important question for a presidential candidate:"Were you wearing a helmet while bicycling?"

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/15/opinion/andrew-yang-nytimes-interview.html

Kathleen Kingsbury: Wonderful. Thank you. Yeah. So I have a serious
question to ask you, but first we wanted to ask, were you wearing a
helmet while you were biking here? Mr. Yang biked to the Times from his
Manhattan home. More New York City cyclists died biking in 2019 than in
any other year since 2000; Gothamist counts 29 deaths.

Yang: I was wearing a helmet. I have a staffer with the helmet as proof.

Jesse Wegman: Is the inside of the helmet warm?

My team then had me take the helmet off and then tried to make my hair
look good. So that’s why I didn’t show up with the helmet.

KK: It looks sharp.

Old January 29th 20, 06:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 1:55:41 PM UTC, sms wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/15/opinion/andrew-yang-nytimes-interview.html

Kathleen Kingsbury: Wonderful. Thank you. Yeah. So I have a serious
question to ask you, but first we wanted to ask, were you wearing a
helmet while you were biking here? Mr. Yang biked to the Times from his
Manhattan home. More New York City cyclists died biking in 2019 than in
any other year since 2000; Gothamist counts 29 deaths.

Yang: I was wearing a helmet. I have a staffer with the helmet as proof.

Jesse Wegman: Is the inside of the helmet warm?

My team then had me take the helmet off and then tried to make my hair
look good. So that’s why I didn’t show up with the helmet..

KK: It looks sharp.

NYT: So tell us, Donald, did you wear a helmet when you came down the escalator?

The President of the United States: What a sad depth you've sunk to.
Old January 29th 20, 01:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 1:55:41 PM UTC, sms wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/15/opinion/andrew-yang-nytimes-interview.html

Only fools appreciate to be served a completely unedited interview with
editor annotations thrown at the reader's eyes. Can't your mayor's office
get a subscription to the National Review?

Kathleen Kingsbury: Wonderful. Thank you. Yeah. So I have a serious
question to ask you, but first we wanted to ask, were you wearing a
helmet while you were biking here? Mr. Yang biked to the Times from his
Manhattan home. More New York City cyclists died biking in 2019 than in
any other year since 2000; Gothamist counts 29 deaths.

Yang: I was wearing a helmet. I have a staffer with the helmet as proof.

Jesse Wegman: Is the inside of the helmet warm?

My team then had me take the helmet off and then tried to make my hair
look good. So that’s why I didn’t show up with the helmet..

KK: It looks sharp.

Kathleen Kingsbury doesn't just look stupid. She grew up in Portland, Ore.,
studied in D.C. to become a lapdog journo, got a Pulitzer Prize thrown at
her. How could she ever know the inside of a slightly damp styrofoam lid is
likely to feel cooler, rather than warm, by the time the interview starts?

NYT: So tell us, Donald, did you wear a helmet when you came down the escalator?

The President of the United States: What a sad depth you've sunk to.

Ronald Reagan: Yes, my dear, and so should you. Bombing commences in five
minutes.

Old January 29th 20, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

jbeattie wrote:

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 1:55:41 PM UTC, sms wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/15/opinion/andrew-yang-nytimes-interview.html

Kathleen Kingsbury: Wonderful. Thank you. Yeah. So I have a serious
question to ask you, but first we wanted to ask, were you wearing
a helmet while you were biking here? Mr. Yang biked to the Times
from his Manhattan home. More New York City cyclists died biking in
2019 than in any other year since 2000; Gothamist counts 29
deaths.

Yang: I was wearing a helmet. I have a staffer with the helmet as
proof.

Jesse Wegman: Is the inside of the helmet warm?

My team then had me take the helmet off and then tried to make my
hair look good. So that’s why I didn’t show up with the helmet..

KK: It looks sharp.

From the quote, Jesse Wegman asked about the helmet being warm. KK just
thought Yang's hair looked sharp.

True, my fault for heading to the NR too quickly and reading about KK
spontaneous way of writing Presidential endorsements, then forgetting to
look up Wegman. Kingsbury only started the helmet topic. Wegman cannot be
blamed because he just has a law degree. I also pardon him so he may
continue in trying to keep James Dailey from getting killed.

If she actually grew up here, KK would
be familiar with the thermal properties of helmets. We locals never ask
about helmet temperature because we know better -- that's how we spot
tourists.

Tourists in Portland? I was under the impression all the tourists you get
there have organic dreadlocks-helmets, and must be making fun of the
shivering showerspass+styrofoam roadies?!
Old January 30th 20, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 1/29/2020 12:49 PM, jbeattie wrote:

The tourists tend to be ernest creatives who take Segway tours. They walk up to me and touch my Showers Pass jacket and ask "Mr. Native, what is that strange garment you are wearing." Then they want to touch my hair and get a selfie with me at Voodoo Doughnuts.

Fame is overrated. You have no idea what it's like.