Scheme to ban cyclists from even more public roads.

Old February 12th 08, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport, uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Scheme to ban cyclists from even more public roads.

On 11 Feb, 11:13, "Brian Robertson"
wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

Instead of making existing roads better for cyclists this scheme will
increase the presumption that cyclists have no right to hold up faster
traffic by using formerly PUBLIC roads.

" City's two-wheel transformation

· Livingstone maps out 12 bicycle 'motorways'
· £400m plan includes suburban networks..."

"...Edmund King, president of the AA, said:

"I think separating out cyclists can only be good for everyone..."

Good for motorists he means.

Mo

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/fe...ansport.world1

--
World Carfree Networkhttp://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.

Doug, PLEASE stop writing about cycling. Stick to things like animal right
and the like. We cyclists have an uphill struggle against all sorts of
things at the best of times. Having you 'on our side' could tip the balance
so much that the whole activity might be outlawed and every cycle lane
turned into a car park. You are to reasonable causes what MRSA is to good
hospital treatment.

Sorry and all that but as a long-suffering cyclist, who has been
physically injured twice by drivers while never injuring a motorist
myself, though often tempted to do so, my input is unavoidable and I
am dedicated anyway to countering the widespread pro-car propaganda on
newsgroups in which motorists try to rubbish cyclists at every
conceivable opportunity.

I take it you are one of those closet motorists who also masquerade as
a cyclist on NGs and elsewhere.

Old February 12th 08, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_4_]

wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

[...]

What a wonderful demonstration of Doug's failure to read other people's
posts.

Old February 12th 08, 08:49 AM posted to uk.transport, uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

[...]

Another cryptic comment unaccompanied by an explanation? Still, I
suppose it is easier than actually thinking.

Old February 12th 08, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_3_]

Doug wrote:

[ ... ]

Sorry and all that but as a long-suffering cyclist, who has been
physically injured twice by drivers while never injuring a motorist
myself ...

But on one of those occasions, you were a pedestrian who ran out into
the road, weren't you?
Old February 12th 08, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport, uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 12 Feb, 08:56, JNugent wrote:
Doug wrote:

[ ... ]

Sorry and all that but as a long-suffering cyclist, who has been
physically injured twice by drivers while never injuring a motorist
myself ...

But on one of those occasions, you were a pedestrian who ran out into
the road, weren't you?

Why do you always assume to know everything about me when you don't?

Old February 12th 08, 09:04 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_4_]

wrote:

Doug, PLEASE stop writing about cycling. Stick to things like
animal right and the like. We cyclists have an uphill struggle
against all sorts of things at the best of times. Having you 'on
our side' could tip the balance so much that the whole activity
might be outlawed and every cycle lane turned into a car park. You
are to reasonable causes what MRSA is to good hospital treatment.

I take it you are one of those closet motorists who also masquerade
as a cyclist on NGs and elsewhere.

What a wonderful demonstration of Doug's failure to read other
people's posts.

Another cryptic comment unaccompanied by an explanation? Still, I
suppose it is easier than actually thinking.

What explanation is needed? Try reading these posts from the top and it's
clear what I'm referring to. Except of course, as you constantly
demonstrate, you're too dumb to read things through.

Old February 12th 08, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_4_]

Doug wrote:
On 12 Feb, 08:56, JNugent wrote:
Doug wrote:

[ ... ]

Sorry and all that but as a long-suffering cyclist, who has been
physically injured twice by drivers while never injuring a motorist
myself ...

But on one of those occasions, you were a pedestrian who ran out into
the road, weren't you?

Why do you always assume to know everything about me when you don't?

Because you've previously admitted your stupidity and complete disregard for
the safety of other road users doing just as JNugent describes.

Old February 12th 08, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_3_]

Doug wrote:
On 12 Feb, 08:56, JNugent wrote:
Doug wrote:

[ ... ]

Sorry and all that but as a long-suffering cyclist, who has been
physically injured twice by drivers while never injuring a motorist
myself ...

But on one of those occasions, you were a pedestrian who ran out into
the road, weren't you?

Why do you always assume to know everything about me when you don't?

I don't know everything about you. How could I?

But I do know what you yourself have announced to the world about
yourself (or that much of it that I can reember offhand).
Old February 12th 08, 10:18 AM posted to uk.transport, uk.rec.cycling
NM

On 12 Feb, 08:35, Doug wrote:

I take it you are one of those closet motorists who also masquerade as
a cyclist on NGs and elsewhere.

Can I take it you were a closet motorist when you rescued the dead
bird?

Were you a closet motorist when you dumped your landrover in
Cornwall?

Are you a closet motorist when your children turn up in their cars to
ferry you around?

Do you keep your licence in case you need to drive one of your
childrens cars.

What is a closet motorist anyway? I assume you mean one who tries to
hide his participation in this activity and that you to a tee.

Old February 12th 08, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport, uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 12 Feb, 10:18, NM wrote:
On 12 Feb, 08:35, Doug wrote:

I take it you are one of those closet motorists who also masquerade as
a cyclist on NGs and elsewhere.

Can I take it you were a closet motorist when you rescued the dead
bird?

Were you a closet motorist when you dumped your landrover in
Cornwall?

Are you a closet motorist when your children turn up in their cars to
ferry you around?

Do you keep your licence in case you need to drive one of your
childrens cars.

What is a closet motorist anyway? I assume you mean one who tries to
hide his participation in this activity and that you to a tee.

As I have pointed out many times, I do not own a car, I do not drive
cars nor do I travel in other people's cars therefore I cannot be a
closet motorist.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net