Road pedals?

Old July 29th 05, 07:02 PM
Terry Morse

Default Road pedals?

Does anyone here use the BeBop pedals?

http://www.bebop.com/

They're not very well known. I know only two people who use them.
They're similar to Speedplay, but without the huge cleat assembly.
I'm considering a switch to them when my current SPD-compatabile
pedals wear out.
Old July 29th 05, 07:28 PM
Chris Nelson

I have the SPD-SL and like 'em alot. Use them on my road bike. They
have the large platform like the Look (aka Listen) pedals but they
don't squeek. The also have these rubber do-hickies on the bottom of
the cleats which makes them walkable without carrying around a cleat
cover that the Looks need. If you plan on walking long distances, I
would stick with SPD.

FWIW, I use SPD on my mountain bike and hybrid tandem.

Chris

Old July 29th 05, 07:46 PM
Eagle Jackson

I love Frogs, too. I use them on both my road and mountain bikes. I
previously used Speedplay X pedals on my road bike but switched to
Frogs 'cuz I like 'em better.

I use Sidi Dominator shoes for road biking and the soles are
sufficiently stiff.

Old July 29th 05, 08:55 PM
Fred Barney

Dave Stallard says...

I've got a nice pair of Sidis with a stiff sole. I'm just looking for
more performance and a better feel pedalling.

Road pedals have a much more positive feel. Not sure how much it really
helps in performance. I have SPD-SL's and walking ability is limited.
Good enough for a dash into a convenience store though.
Old July 30th 05, 12:31 AM
Kovie

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave Stallard wrote:
I've been using SPD mountain-bike pedals on my road bikes for a long
time, and have been wanting to move to a road-specific pedal. The
question is, which? Look, Time RXS, Shimano SPD-SL?

Criteria are flotation, easy in and out, and being able to walk safely
to the convenience store, and down a flight of marble steps carrying my
bike.

I've heard good things from a friend about the Shimano SPD-SL. Asked
her if she could walk OK with the cleat, and she said, yes, she could
even drive in them.

Dave

Put three people in a room and ask about pedals, get 4 opinions. Look
at Speedplay as well. Zeros have all the features you are looking for
as well as little covers that are small, light, and easy on off to make
walking easier.

shimano pedals are nice but lack covers, Look have covers as well.
Float adjustment for SP is a big plus as well as servicability and the
ability to buy one pedal.

What do you mean by "covers"? If you're referring to cleat covers, Kool
Kovers (name?) makes them for the Shimano DPS-SLs now as well, so that's no
longer a minus.

--
Kovie
zen

Old August 3rd 05, 03:56 AM
Bob from Conshy

I have Ritchey SPD pedals on my MTB and Performance SPD road pedals on my
road ride. I can use either pair of shoes (mountain and road) with either
bike. The performance pedals are very light, have float and are cheap. If
you use them with MTB or touring shoes (recessed cleat) walking should be no
problem. Good luck.

Old September 15th 05, 06:28 AM
noname

Only one answer for road riding...

Time pedals with Carnac shoes...

We have to realize something... if u are into seroiuos road riding spd
and sidis arent enough... no shoes compare to a nice pair of Carnacs
ever,, not even the best sidi or shimano shoe... maybe time shoes... but
usually sidis and shimano's are quite uncomfortable compared with Carnac
shoes. Now... if u guys want the shoes for walking more than for
riding... get a pair of crappy mb sidis and a pair of spd pedals and
problem solved!

Thanks...!

"Bob from Conshy" wrote in
:

Old September 15th 05, 04:19 PM
wle

which ones are the hardest and slipperiest to pedal unclipped?

which ones make you fall down the easiest if you even try to walk one
step?

or even try to stand still on your bike.

pure graphite soles, then oil them too just to be sure.

those are the ones i want.

wle.

Old September 15th 05, 05:28 PM
monkeyboy

I've tried bebop, spd, and time impact, I always go back to Looks; to
feel "connected" to the bike. I would suggest either the new Time, new
Look or Campy pedals. As far as float goes, if the cleat is adjusted
correctly you should need tons of float. I use fixed cleats, I hate too
much float, kind of a squirrely feeling, like standing on an ice cube.