removing integrated headset race from fork

Old September 14th 05, 08:36 PM

Default removing integrated headset race from fork

I've got an aluminum fork that came on a K2 cross bike, which has an
integrated headset.

The diameter of the bottom race (the one that sits on the fork crown)
is much smaller than that of the fork crown itself. And I can't even
stick a razor blade underneat it.

Any ideas as to how I could get it off? I'm not so sure it's even
supposed to come off at all.

Old September 15th 05, 04:01 PM

I want to use the fork on a non-integrated frame, so I need to get the
race off.

Old September 15th 05, 08:57 PM
flatline

Seems to me that some of the tricks for removing stuck seatposts from
frames, and pedals from cranks, could work for you. Try those mentioned
at http://www.sheldonbrown.com/stuck-seatposts.html