anti-theft idea

Old March 6th 04, 05:45 AM
ken

Default anti-theft idea

Here's an idea I came up with to lower your chances of getting your
bike stolen:
Place a big HUFFY sticker on your frame , covering the TREK ,
CANNONDALE, etc.
I'm not sure if these are sold in bike shops, but I suppose you can
make one up on the computer

THe downside of this is that you look like a dork, to some people who
think you ride a HUFFY.
I haven't tried this myself, as it is just an idea.
What do you think?

Ken
Old March 6th 04, 05:54 AM
Mike Schwab

Reminds me of this story

Good sign!
Old March 6th 04, 07:55 AM
Dalibor Bauernfrajnd

In article , ken says...
What do you think?

I think there's 2 kinds of ppl.

1) Who steal all bikes
2) Who steal brandname bikes, and know them when they see them

Either way, you bike with fake stickers is gonna get stolen.

--
"There's a fine line between an attitude problem and thinking clearly."
d.B. ICQ: 138579247
Old March 6th 04, 01:39 PM
GABIKE

THe downside of this is that you look like a dork, to some people who
think you ride a HUFFY.
I haven't tried this myself, as it is just an idea.
What do you think?

The upside would be seeing their faces when someone riding a HUFFY passes them
like nobodys business and laughing at them the next week after they went out
and bought actual HUFFY's to try to keep up with you.
Old March 6th 04, 05:08 PM
Dave Mayer

"ken" wrote in message Place a big HUFFY sticker
on your frame , covering the TREK ,
CANNONDALE, etc.

Ken: around here, putting a Huffy (or Schwinn, Murray, Infinity, Dunlop,
Mongoose etc.) set of stickers on your bike will increase its chance of
getting stolen. Why? Most bike thefts are by drug addicts who sell them
for a few bucks. Small-time thieves and their cohorts in pawn shops only
know these brands.

Put two identical bikes out with Pinarello and Huffy stickers on it and the
Pinarello will be left alone. This situation played out here in which an
unlocked $4k Klein road bike was moved on a bike rack so they could work on
a locked $200 department-store mountain bike.