reccomended tire pressure?

Old January 30th 05, 06:51 PM
Bob22b

Default reccomended tire pressure?

Taking the valvecap off for a day won't make it leak out pressure. The
valvecap is there to protect the valve stem.

To take out pressure simply press on the needle in the middle of the
valve stem. Ideally you would use a tire pressure gauge to lower the
pressure, however, your finger or a pen will be fine.

Post up your weight so people can give you a more accurate estimate of
tire pressure to use. It will probably be somewhere in between 20-30.
If you're riding off road where you don't want to bounce off of roots
and different things on the ground make sure the pressure is low.
Always make sure you have enough pressure in the tire to you won't tap
the wheel when you do a drop, jump, whatever. If you're gapping and the
tire folds over, more air.

Try lowering it to 30 psi and see how that feels, it's always easier to
take more air out than it is to put it back in. Go to 30, then lower to
where you like it.

--
Bob22b - MCL Tearer :d
Bob22b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8153

Old January 30th 05, 06:56 PM
DigitalDave

I had the same Q awhile ago ...

Here ya go ... 'Linky' (http://tinyurl.com/5e4xe)

--
DigitalDave - scabless

'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
(http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
'20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)

my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
1899

DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

Easy Coker Airfoil tire change john_childs Unicycling 27 June 21st 05 01:52 AM
tIre pressure gpickett00 Unicycling 26 January 1st 05 08:44 PM
When to change the tire Jose Capco Techniques 10 July 1st 04 08:15 PM
DIY Tire Removal 2 g.daniels Techniques 4 May 21st 04 05:25 PM