Another Mountain Biker Dies

Old June 29th 05, 08:11 PM
SuperG

Default Another Mountain Biker Dies

Jason wrote:
* Mike Vandeman :

typical dribble cut out

Umm Mikey put your bi-focals on old man he was climbing when he died not
mtn biking.

Hey I want to thank you by the way, I'm following the rule that
whenever you post I have to go for a ride. Thanks to you I'm riding
better and harder then I ever have not to being in the best shape I've
ever been in.

I'd like to suggest an addition to the rule that whenever you post we
go for a ride.

I'd like to add that every 5th post by you we do trail work, either
maintaince or expanding a current trail, or even better develop a new
trail. With permission of the land owners of course.

Jason

Dittos,
The more posts from Mikey the more we ride! He is finally helping to
expand the sport!!
Old June 29th 05, 09:08 PM
di

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

And we thought you were gone. But never fear, there have been several
other fruit cakes lately cross posting from other groups to take your place.

Old June 30th 05, 02:00 PM
lowkey

"SuperG" wrote in message
Jason wrote:
* Mike Vandeman :
typical dribble cut out

Hey I want to thank you by the way, I'm following the rule that whenever
you post I have to go for a ride. Thanks to you I'm riding better and
harder then I ever have not to being in the best shape I've ever been in.

I'd like to suggest an addition to the rule that whenever you post we go
for a ride. I'd like to add that every 5th post by you we do trail work,
either maintaince or expanding a current trail, or even better develop a
new trail. With permission of the land owners of course.

Dittos,
The more posts from Mikey the more we ride! He is finally helping to
expand the sport!!

The Mike Vandeman Project really should be codified.

[1] Everyday he posts take one offroad ride.
[2] Every day he makes more than 3 posts, do an extra 10 km of trail
riding.
[3] For every 5th post undertake a trail improvement project.
[4] For very 10th post take a photo of a favoured trail and post a link so
he can see what he is accomplishing.
[5] For every 25th post adopt a trail and name it in his honour.

--
I am working on creating an internet that is off-limits to
Mike Vandeman ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8

The challenge: To take one offroad ride of at least 10 km for every 4
posts Mikey makes, so that he is contributing to the growth and
popularization of the sport of mountain biking.

The homage: To adopt a mountain bike trail in Mikey's name
Name Suggestions to date:

Mike Vandeman's Manic Velopath
Mikey's Crazy Trail
The Honourable Michael J. Vandeman PhD Mountain Bike Trail
Mikey Likes Bikes
Vandeman's Velopath
Mike's Bike & Hike
Mike's Extreme Mountain Ride
Vandeman's Idiot Road
Mike's Singletrack Mind
Vandeman Trail to Perdition (Keep off the grass!)
Mr. Chode's Wild Ride
Crackmonkey express
Mikey's Idiot Loop

New suggestions welcome

Old June 30th 05, 03:19 PM
Jason

* lowkey :

"SuperG" wrote in message
Jason wrote:
* Mike Vandeman :
typical dribble cut out

[...]

Very nice additions lowkey.

Jason
Old June 30th 05, 03:46 PM
Coyoteboy

I do this already, the more people complain *irrationally* about any
activity i do the more i do it.

Old June 30th 05, 03:47 PM
Coyoteboy

New suggestions welcome

Can we back-date this too, 'til about 1995?

Old June 30th 05, 08:47 PM

lowkey wrote:

The homage: To adopt a mountain bike trail in Mikey's name
Name Suggestions to date:

Mike Vandeman's Manic Velopath
Mikey's Crazy Trail
The Honourable Michael J. Vandeman PhD Mountain Bike Trail
Mikey Likes Bikes
Vandeman's Velopath
Mike's Bike & Hike
Mike's Extreme Mountain Ride
Vandeman's Idiot Road
Mike's Singletrack Mind
Vandeman Trail to Perdition (Keep off the grass!)
Mr. Chode's Wild Ride
Crackmonkey express
Mikey's Idiot Loop

New suggestions welcome

I've got one: Vandeman's Psycho Path.

Oooo, or this: Death to Whipsnakes!

Vandeman's Downhill Slide?

OK, enough already.

E.P.

Old July 4th 05, 10:11 PM
reader

lowkey wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
[snippo mucho vomitus]

Liar.

Yo' Mikey! Thanks to all your posts I went on an extra long trail ride and
uploaded another photo so you can see the trails being ridden. Hope you
enjoy them.

It must make you feel good to know your efforts are contributing to the
amount of trail riding occurring because of you. Oh, and I really liked the
links you added to your website that explain your 'logic'.

http://www.geocities.com/crazeemikey/index.html

It make's your posts so much more comprehensible. It was thoughtful to
include a long and short version as well.

Keep it real and keep pedalling, bro'!

--
I am working on creating an internet that is off-limits to
Mike Vandeman ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
minutes fighting trolls and spammers)
http://www.geocities.com/crazeemikey/index.html

Any idea where some of the trails Mike V has on his web site are? It
would be a hoot if trail usage went "up" on those trails because he was
advertising them on his site... some of the single track photos look
like they need some riding...
Old July 5th 05, 04:11 AM
lowkey

"reader" wrote in message

Any idea where some of the trails Mike V has on his web site are? It would
be a hoot if trail usage went "up" on those trails because he was
advertising them on his site... some of the single track photos look like
they need some riding...

I know he's in SoCal. Exactly where in LaLa land he lives I couldn't say.
San Diego area?

In any case: Think globally. Act locally. Ride where ever you might be.

Old July 5th 05, 06:01 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:11:14 -0400, "lowkey" wrote:

..
.."reader" wrote in message
..
.. Any idea where some of the trails Mike V has on his web site are? It would
.. be a hoot if trail usage went "up" on those trails because he was
.. advertising them on his site... some of the single track photos look like
.. they need some riding...
..
.. I know he's in SoCal. Exactly where in LaLa land he lives I couldn't say.
..San Diego area?

Next door to you.

.. In any case: Think globally. Act locally. Ride where ever you might be.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande