Minicab driver who ran over cyclist whilst distracted on mobile phonespared jail

Old April 21st 17, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Minicab driver who ran over cyclist whilst distracted on mobilephone spared jail

On 21/04/2017 13:03, Bod wrote:
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 12:46:23 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 21/04/2017 12:33, JNugent wrote:
On 21/04/2017 11:00, Bod wrote:

On 21/04/2017 10:57, Bod wrote:

*How was this not "dangerous driving"*?

Abdelyekini Olafusi was found guilty of careless driving after he ran
down the woman in Clerkenwell.

Olafusi clipped the back of the 41-year-old cyclist’s wheel when he
turned right at traffic lights on Gray's Inn Road on May 27.

The cyclist, an Italian woman, fell off her bike to the ground but
Olafusi did not stop and continued to drive over her.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3519751.html

*Correction* dangerous driving

The distinction is whether driving falls below the required standard or
far below the required standard.

The latter is always (and rightly) hard to prove.

But the driver got a 15 month ban and a significant fine (£1250 IIRC,
and no mean penalty for someone whose livelihood has just been
withdrawn
from him).

I wouldn't like to be on the paying end of his next insurance premium,
either.

Should he also have been fastened to a hurdle, drawn by horse to a
place
of execution, then hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated,
disembowelled, beheaded and quartered (chopped into four pieces)?

It is NOT illegal to use a hands free phone whilst driving so one
assumes that he was holding the phone.
People with phones stuck to their ears should be made an example of with
jail sentences. That'll immediately greatly reduce the incidences of
these sort of accidents.

********. You can be not paying attention without using a phone at
all. On the other hand, I have no difficulty calling or texting while
driving. People can multitask (driving is already doing a few things at
once).

It's *your* attitude to using a phone at the wheel that is all too
prevalent and that's why I say that drivers with phones to their ear
should be jailed to help stop their use.
I now put my phone into the glove box and that is where it stays whilst
I am driving.

I keep mine in my coat pocket and the coat on the back seat or in the boot.

The phone still works via the car's Bluetooth system.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 21st 17, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On 21/04/2017 11:00, Bod wrote:

On 21/04/2017 10:57, Bod wrote:

[...]

Snob. I'm traditional, I just pick up the phone and answer it. Easy to drop it on the seat if there's a policeman passing.

--
Two cowboys are talking over a beer, discussing various sex positions.
The first cowboy says his favorite position is "the rodeo".
Old April 21st 17, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On 21/04/2017 11:00, Bod wrote:

On 21/04/2017 10:57, Bod wrote:

[...]

Not really, since there is no report of a charge for that. The story
goes on at length about use of a mobile phone, and it may well be that
he was using an ordinary hand-held phone (thereby doing so illegally),
but it doesn't actually say so, which is sort of my point.

People with phones stuck to their ears should be made an example of with
jail sentences. That'll immediately greatly reduce the incidences of
these sort of accidents.

You do know that use of a hand-held phone while driving is not
punishable by a prison sentence, don't you?

And that it isn't even always an offence?

Depends on the mood the pig is in.

--
A sheet of sandpaper makes a cheap and effective substitute for costly maps when visiting the Sahara desert.
Old April 21st 17, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 21/04/2017 11:00, Bod wrote:

On 21/04/2017 10:57, Bod wrote:

[...]

Read what I said again "People with phones stuck to their ears should be
made an example of with jail sentences"
I never said it was prisonable at the moment.

Old April 21st 17, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On 21/04/2017 11:00, Bod wrote:

On 21/04/2017 10:57, Bod wrote:

[...]

Not causing an accident should never be a crime.

--
Why is there no Disneyland China?
No one's tall enough to go on the good rides.
Old April 21st 17, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 12:53:06 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

********.

EVERYTHING you keep spouting here IS utter ********, you mentally
handicapped Scottish sow!

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about women:
"I don't want one. Easy enough to get one if I wanted one."
Old April 21st 17, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:06:03 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Why can't you use a phone while driving?

How could a mentally deficient social misfit like you possibly understand?

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"Curry is for chavs."
Old April 21st 17, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:23:46 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the incredibly idiotic NONSENSE

....and nothing's left, again! LOL

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") on UFOs:
"I believe that UFOs have visited us but not in recent times".
Old April 21st 17, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 12:42:35 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

If he'd clipped a car, there would have been a small dent and some
paintwork required. Bicycles are for paths, not roads.

Says who? YOU? And internationally acknowledged IDIOT? LOL

--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"mind":
Old April 21st 17, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:00:05 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH yet more of the endless idiotic & psychotic blather

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world: