Minicab driver who ran over cyclist whilst distracted on mobile phonespared jail

Old April 21st 17, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:08:51 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Some do, some don't. It depends whether you wobble about and cycle in
the middle of the road like some in here. I cycle on the left, and if I
need to turn right, I look over my shoulder, then indicate, then move
over. But if there's a pavement available, I'll use that. Easier for me
and the drivers.

Are you actually "proud" of being an asshole, Birdbrain? You sound like you
are!

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") on Jimmy Savile:
"If he had done it against their will, they would have come forwards
Old April 21st 17, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:25:16 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Only when necessary. Usually there's a pavement or an alternate offroad
track. I also watch where I'm going and don't occupy the whole bloody
lane. The cyclist in the above was no doubt weaving around or not
bothering to indicate before swerving in front of the car.

You're SICK in the head, Birdbrain!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) endless inane drivel:
"let's say you prefer 20C water. If you go in 10C water you'd say that was
Old April 21st 17, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:36:38 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

How on earth do you know that!?

Experience of seeing cyclists do stupid things, both in real life and in
news articles. The sort that do it are the ones in here who think they
own the road and cars have no place on it.

You are supposed to take your medication REGULARLY, driveling idiot!

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
Old April 21st 17, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 15:21:37 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I keep mine in my coat pocket and the coat on the back seat or in the boot.

The phone still works via the car's Bluetooth system.

Snob. I'm traditional, I just pick up the phone and answer it. Easy to
drop it on the seat if there's a policeman passing.

Not so easy when he sees you before you see him, idiot!

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") about himself:
"I can sleep outside in a temperature of -20C wearing only shorts".
Old April 21st 17, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 15:22:33 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

You do know that use of a hand-held phone while driving is not
punishable by a prison sentence, don't you?

And that it isn't even always an offence?

Depends on the mood the pig is in.

ONLY in your mentally deficient sociopathic "mind", Birdbrain!

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about women:
"I don't want one. Easy enough to get one if I wanted one."
Old April 21st 17, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 15:47:18 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Not causing an accident should never be a crime.

Facilitating accidents SHOULD be and ARE a crime, idiot!

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") on UFOs:
"I believe that UFOs have visited us but not in recent times".
Old April 21st 17, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Minicab driver who ran over cyclist whilst distracted on mobilephone spared jail

On 21/04/2017 15:41, Bod wrote:
On 21/04/2017 15:12, JNugent wrote:
On 21/04/2017 12:46, Bod wrote:
On 21/04/2017 12:33, JNugent wrote:
On 21/04/2017 11:00, Bod wrote:

On 21/04/2017 10:57, Bod wrote:

*How was this not "dangerous driving"*?

Abdelyekini Olafusi was found guilty of careless driving after he ran
down the woman in Clerkenwell.

Olafusi clipped the back of the 41-year-old cyclist’s wheel when he
turned right at traffic lights on Gray's Inn Road on May 27.

The cyclist, an Italian woman, fell off her bike to the ground but
Olafusi did not stop and continued to drive over her.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3519751.html

*Correction* dangerous driving

The distinction is whether driving falls below the required standard or
far below the required standard.

The latter is always (and rightly) hard to prove.

But the driver got a 15 month ban and a significant fine (£1250 IIRC,
and no mean penalty for someone whose livelihood has just been
withdrawn
from him).

I wouldn't like to be on the paying end of his next insurance premium,
either.

Should he also have been fastened to a hurdle, drawn by horse to a
place
of execution, then hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated,
disembowelled, beheaded and quartered (chopped into four pieces)?

---
http://www.avg.com

It is NOT illegal to use a hands free phone whilst driving so one
assumes that he was holding the phone.

Not really, since there is no report of a charge for that. The story
goes on at length about use of a mobile phone, and it may well be that
he was using an ordinary hand-held phone (thereby doing so illegally),
but it doesn't actually say so, which is sort of my point.

People with phones stuck to their ears should be made an example of with
jail sentences. That'll immediately greatly reduce the incidences of
these sort of accidents.

You do know that use of a hand-held phone while driving is not
punishable by a prison sentence, don't you?

And that it isn't even always an offence?

Read what I said again "People with phones stuck to their ears should be
made an example of with jail sentences"
I never said it was prisonable at the moment.

That's what you call a squirm, isn't it?
Old April 21st 17, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 21/04/2017 11:00, Bod wrote:

On 21/04/2017 10:57, Bod wrote:

[...]

A squirm for simply suggesting it being made an imprisonable offence?
Old April 21st 17, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 21/04/2017 11:00, Bod wrote:

On 21/04/2017 10:57, Bod wrote:

[...]

You need to hon your reading and comprehension skills.

That is not what you wrote.

Old April 22nd 17, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 6, 2017.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 23:52:11 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

It is, and it's still quoted above. Get your eyes tested.

Get your medication upgraded, Birdbrain!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"Do you play musical instruments like that? No. Why would I want several