Landis: I'm Anna Nicole's baby's daddy

Old September 27th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Joe King

Default Landis: I'm Anna Nicole's baby's daddy

Tour de France champion and reality television star Anna Nicole Smith said
Tuesday he is the father of her daughter, born earlier this month in the
Bahamas.

Floyd Landis added that he plans to marry Smith.

"Anna and I have been in a relationship and we love each other, and it's
been going on for a very long time, and because of my hip replacement
surgery, we felt that it was best to keep everything hidden," Floyd Landis
told CNN

Landis said he and Smith are confident he is the father, and "based on when
the timing of when the baby was born, there really is no doubt in either of
our minds."

Goof ball doper and lying cheat Tyler Hamilton also claims to be the father
of the girl, named Danilynne Hope.

In a statement, Hamilton said Smith told him he is the child's father, and
that he has proof.

He said he accompanied Smith to doctors' appointments until a "minor
disagreement" took place while she was pregnant. He suggested a DNA test be
conducted to determine the child's paternity. He also made similar comments
to "Entertainment Tonight."

what his motives are. If he honestly believed he was the father, based on
when the baby was born, he should have handled it appropriately ... handle
it through the proper channels, not through television and through the
media."

Hamilton also has sent "a slew" of e-mails to Smith, Landis said, calling it
"just completely inappropriate."

"Anna has had problems with people going to the media in the past about her,
and for that reason, most people around her, including myself, have signed
confidentiality clauses that we won't go to the media about her," Landis
said. "I'm just very shocked at how he's handled this, under the
circumstances."

Asked whether Smith and Hamilton had a relationship, Lanids said, "she never
considered him her boyfriend." He would not comment on whether Smith was
intimate with Hamilton.

Smith, Landis said, approved his revelation that he is the baby's father.
"I'm here because she wanted me to be here," he said.

He said Hamilton should have waited until Smith's 20-year-old son Daniel had
been laid to rest. Daniel Smith died September 10, three days after his
sister's birth, apparently while spending the night in his mother's hospital
room with her, Landis and the baby, Landis said. Smith found Daniel Smith's
body the following day when she woke up.

Landis said he and Smith plan to marry "at some point. Right now we have to
somehow get through what we're going through."