bike cop shoots driver from hood of car

Old September 5th 03, 08:36 PM
Fritz M

Default bike cop shoots driver from hood of car

http://www.nbc5.com/news/2451126/det...94&dppid=65172

AKA http://tinyurl.com/mdvb

"ROCKFORD, Ill. -- A Rockford bicycle patrol officer critically
injured a 21-year-old man, firing shots into the man's car as he clung
to the vehicle's hood."
Old September 5th 03, 08:38 PM
B. Sanders

"Fritz M" wrote in message
om...

http://www.nbc5.com/news/2451126/det...94&dppid=65172

AKA http://tinyurl.com/mdvb

"ROCKFORD, Ill. -- A Rockford bicycle patrol officer critically
injured a 21-year-old man, firing shots into the man's car as he clung
to the vehicle's hood."

Somebody should have stopped him from watching all of those TJ Hooker
re-runs.

-Barry

Old September 6th 03, 11:18 AM
Walter Mitty

Kevan Smith /\/\ brightened my day with his
incisive wit when in he
conjectured that:

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:38:25 -0500, "B. Sanders"
from Prairienet, The Community Network For East Central Illinois
wrote:

"Fritz M" wrote in message
.com...

http://www.nbc5.com/news/2451126/det...2265994&dppid=
65172

AKA http://tinyurl.com/mdvb

"ROCKFORD, Ill. -- A Rockford bicycle patrol officer critically
injured a 21-year-old man, firing shots into the man's car as he
clung to the vehicle's hood."

Somebody should have stopped him from watching all of those TJ Hooker
re-runs.

I wonder how he carried his gun on the bike. I bet his helmet saved
his life. Maybe he could have used som ammonia to spray on the driver,
though .....

Yeah, it could have burned through the windscreen and reasoned with the
driver to stop...

--
Walter Mitty.
Old September 6th 03, 01:09 PM
Mark Jones

"Kevan Smith" /\/\ wrote in message
I wonder how he carried his gun on the bike. I bet his helmet saved his

life.
Maybe he could have used som ammonia to spray on the driver, though .....

Probably in a holster.

The cop should be commended for doing exactly what was done.

Old September 6th 03, 09:18 PM
B. Sanders

"Preston Crawford" wrote in message
newsan.2003.09.06.14.09.22.257746@prestoncrawfor d.com...
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:38:25 -0500, B. Sanders wrote:

Somebody should have stopped him from watching all of those TJ Hooker
re-runs.

Dude! That is so funny and so true. That was like every episode of TJ
Hooker, wasn't it. Capt. Kirk hanging onto the hood of a car.

I'm glad *somebody* got the reference. Thought I was the only person here
who's ever watched T J Hooker. (not that it's worth watching...)

Yeah, Shatner was clinging to the hood of a car in the intro sequence for
every show. It's hilarious stuff. Didn't SNL do a parody of it? I'm
almost sure they did; but not up on my SNL history these days.

-=B=-

Old September 6th 03, 11:44 PM
Rick Onanian

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:45:03 -0500, wrote:
Cops and robbers should play their little gun games where other peopel
can't get hurt.

That's a pretty quick judgement. Maybe you didn't
read the article?

"Officials said the officer was trying to question
Brown Tuesday afternoon when Brown tried to drive away. It's unclear why
the officer stopped Brown or how the
officer ended up on the hood of the car."

How do you know the officer didn't stop the car
due to bicycle-endangering driving, and then the
car driver didn't attempt to run over the cop?

That second part is the only way I can imagine
the cop ending up on the hood of the car.

I'm sure the cop would have preferred for
nobody to get hurt.

--
Rick Onanian
Old September 7th 03, 07:55 AM
F1

"Kevan Smith" /\/\ wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 18:44:07 -0400, Rick Onanian from

The
Esoteric c0wz' Society wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:45:03 -0500, wrote:
Cops and robbers should play their little gun games where other peopel
can't get hurt.

That's a pretty quick judgement. Maybe you didn't
read the article?

Police and thieves in the streets -- scaring the nation with their guns

and
ammunition.

I'd just as soon have nothing to do with either of them.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace
I'm GLAD I remembered to XEROX all my UNDERSHIRTS!!

I certainly hope they remember that when YOU need police assistance.

Old September 7th 03, 01:36 PM
Mark Jones

"Kevan Smith" /\/\ wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 12:09:49 GMT, "Mark Jones" from

EarthLink
Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net wrote:

The cop should be commended for doing exactly what was done.

Cops and robbers should play their little gun games where other peopel

can't get
hurt.

Cops should use their weapons wherever needed to apprehend
a criminal who is already placing everyone at risk.

Old September 7th 03, 10:09 PM
GaryG

"B. Sanders" wrote in message
"Preston Crawford" wrote in message
newsan.2003.09.06.14.09.22.257746@prestoncrawfor d.com...
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:38:25 -0500, B. Sanders wrote:

Somebody should have stopped him from watching all of those TJ Hooker
re-runs.

Dude! That is so funny and so true. That was like every episode of TJ
Hooker, wasn't it. Capt. Kirk hanging onto the hood of a car.

I'm glad *somebody* got the reference. Thought I was the only person here
who's ever watched T J Hooker. (not that it's worth watching...)

Who watched it for Shatner? Now, Heather Locklear....mmmmmmm.

~_-*
....G/ \G
http://www.shastasoftware.com
Developers of CycliStats - Software for Cyclists

Old September 8th 03, 03:07 AM
Pete

"Kevan Smith" /\/\ wrote

Police and thieves in the streets -- scaring the nation with their guns

and
ammunition.

I'd just as soon have nothing to do with either of them.

Given that there are armed thieves, I'm glad that there are armed cops.

Pete