bike cop shoots driver from hood of car

Old October 6th 03, 01:34 PM
Hugh Fenton

Default OT: Presidents was bike cop shoots driver from hood of car

Yes, there were females in underground schools. I'm speaking of regular,
authorized schools.

Suggest you look at the web-sites of the Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
and DACAAR. Both were building and operating schools for boys and girls in
Afghanistan throughout the 1990s. The Taliban (a group of raving loony's if
there ever was one - and I'm speaking from personal experience from 1999 -
2001) allowed education of girls as long as you didn't rub it in their
faces. Their "official policy" was that girls education would have to wait
until they had finished "liberating the country from the godless."

The Swedish Committee even claimed that in 2000 there were more girls in
school than there ever had been before in the history of Afghanistan.

Hugh Fenton

Old October 6th 03, 01:37 PM
Hugh Fenton

"Kevan Smith" /\/\ wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:55:32 GMT, "Pete" from Road Runner

High
Speed Online http://www.rr.com wrote:

And given the events and aftermath of 9/11...we had no real choice but to

go
in with force.

You're forgetting that the Taliban government offered to turn over Bin

Laden if
the Bush regime presented them their evidence linking him to 911. The Bush
regime refused, and that was the end of the diplomacy. We had the real

choice to
continue the diplomacy.

Perhaps they should have asked the Pakistani ISI (Military secret police) to
hand him over. It ALMOST ceases to amuse me that the US is in bed with the
Pakistani general that invaded Kashmir and was one of the biggest Taliban
supporters in the late 1990s.

Hugh Fenton

Old October 6th 03, 01:44 PM
Hugh Fenton

Actually the situation was pretty good for anyone under Ahmad Masood, he
ran the Afghani version of a free state from the protection of the
Panjshir valley, complete with schools, heath care and other services.
He keept the Taliban at bay and united many of the tribes all this time
without any western help. With help he probably could have taken back
the entire country, but unfortunately the only foreign aid at the time
came from the US and went to the Taliban. Masood was assasinated by the
Taliban two days before the Sept. 11th attacks. If only the west had
heeded his warnings and he was alive today, the US would have a powerful
allie in the region who subscribed to many western ideals but also had a
lifetime of middle east fighting under his belt. I question if there is
another man like that in the entire country.
--

Ummm, definitely a great man - and by far the best that Afghanistan has
produced. However his acceptability was greatly lessened by the destruction

Also perhaps you are forgetting the funding source for the Northern Alliance
was Opium/Heroin - even after Taliban banned production.
Hugh Fenton

Old October 8th 03, 06:35 AM
Mark Hickey

Chris Phillipo wrote:

I don't know too many people "controlled by fear",
personally. Concerned, maybe.... big difference. I'm concerned about
cars, but if I was "controlled by fear" I'd drive a Hummer instead of
riding a bike, f'rinstance.

Individuals never see themselves as part of the big picture. From
inside their gated subdivision community or security guard monitored
apartment building they are all going to tell you that they aren't
scared of anything. But ask them if they go down town to a bank machine
alone at night or if would stop to help someone with dark skin broken
down on the road in Detroit.

I guess you live in a pretty paranoid town - sorry to hear that. Does
everyone in your area live behind a gate in quaking fear? I don't
think I know anyone around here who meets that description, FWIW.

I'm a rock climber. When I'm well above my last anchor and reaching
for a sketchy handhold, am I "controlled by fear" or am I just using
caution appropriate to the situation? I might even go so far as to
look around when using an ATM in a major city (something I've done in
cities all over the world, many larger than NYC)... does that mean I'm
"controlled by fear"?

No one who fits that description would EVER venture out on a bike
under any circumstances, so I think you're preaching to the wrong
choir... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old October 10th 03, 02:46 AM
Top Sirloin

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:21:46 -0300, Chris Phillipo
wrote:

I have to go see if the US/Israel world
domination force has killed anyone else who might threaten their not
scared of anything way of life.

Did you just claim a "US/Israeli World Domination Force"?

I guess we know who lives in fear now.

Firmly in touch with reality,

--
Scott Johnson
"The policy of Saddam Hussein's Iraq is to execute the children of political dissidents