Exercise and Age

Old November 23rd 04, 08:03 PM
whinds

In article ,
(Maggie) writes:

I took alot of pictures of the ski slopes and the mountains in Utah
and more in Nevada.....I am going to try to post them on one of my
websites. In Utah I hiked/walked a little. My niece does some rock
climbing in Tahoe. Everyone has a big truck and a big dog out there.
I did not see any dogs like the ones Paris Hilton carries in her
Channel bag. ONLY GIANT MONSTER DOGS. I guess its an out West thing.

I guess your niece never got around to complaining about the bears. They are
hibernating in Tahoe by now. I had inlaws there until a year ago and the bears
were a constant problem from spring on.

;-) My niece had a cat but it was eaten by a coyote when they had the
fires on the mountains and the coyotes were coming down off the
mountains. My niece said that you don't get many people from the east

Coyotes are all over the west. I live in the middle of Orange County CA and the
first time I came across a coyote kill, I thought it was some kind of cult
thing. The coyotes here always leave the cat's head and paws on the grass. I
see coyotes on the bike trails all the time early and late. If I'm caught out
after sundown I hear them barking and howling. Having a meeting I guess.

Incidently I saw a beautiful bob-cat last week on my ride. The biggest bob-cat
I ever saw. He had been disturbed by a work crew and was walking away from
them, looking back over his shoulder. He never saw me. Had to have been 18-20
inches at the shoulder. Really made my day.

coast moving out there. I WONDER WHY!!!!!! I love to visit, but I
would not live there. My cousin lives in Wyoming and I am going out
to see her in the summer. I hope she doesn't make me get on a horse.
I am taking baby steps toward outdoor activities...not giant leaps.
;-) I am proud of the fact that I still ride my bicycle.

You are going to love it. Just make sure they give you a gentle horse, not one
of those range broke broncs they usually give green-horns. They do have their
humor in cow country.