Anybody have input on iBike Newton power meter

Old July 23rd 13, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·

Default Anybody have input on iBike Newton power meter

http://www.amazon.com/iBike-Newton-C.../dp/B008V4HE2E

Is it worth five hundred bucks?? I'd like to know my wattage as I suspect
it is way up there close to pro levels in the sprints. But, paying 500 bucks
if it's not a really reliable gauge of power might cause me to second-guess
the purchase.

The reason I think my wattage is way awesome is I've ripped the carbon
soles off the balls of TWO pairs of shoes while lifting and pushing really
really hard and fast sprinting up one of our hi-rise ocean channel bridges.
(Channel #5 in the Florida Keys). I had to Epoxy the soles back on both
pairs and they've held after that.

I train with a HRM and speedometer only now. My max heart rate is
around 165pbm. I can maintain 95% or max for around half and hour
and often reach 100% of max on an all-out sprint or climb. I weigh
about 170 pounds at 5'10" and there's very little fat.

--
Sir Gregory

Old July 24th 13, 10:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
birdbrain

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:36:40 PM UTC-7, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
[...]

I think you should spend $500 on two pairs of good shoes.

Old July 24th 13, 12:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

On 24/07/2013 00:36, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

I weigh about 170 pounds at 5'10" and there's very little fat.

Except between your ears.

ibike pro power meter zencycle Racing 3 March 26th 11 07:41 PM
ibike pro power meter yirgster Racing 111 September 17th 10 08:08 PM
ibike pro power meter Randall Techniques 2 September 8th 10 03:33 PM
ibike pro power meter MikeWhy Techniques 0 September 7th 10 11:35 PM
ibike pro power meter MikeWhy Techniques 0 September 7th 10 10:36 PM