DIY LIGHTS

Old May 17th 15, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default DIY LIGHTS

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_112922/article.html
Old May 18th 15, 04:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/17/2015 3:44 PM, wrote:

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_112922/article.html

Note that projector-style auto lights use a shield or mask to prevent
blinding other road users. This DIY hack would instead produce a round
beam that probably would be blinding.

I've recently ridden with some folks with irritatingly bright lights.
In one case, I was leading a night ride, and trying to use my eyeglass
mirror to keep tabs on other riders, to be sure nobody got dropped or
had trouble. I had to ask one rider to point his headlight downward,
because it was blinding me so much that I couldn't see anyone else back
there.

On another ride, a shady ride on a cloudy day, one guy had a taillight
that was so bright I tried to keep other riders between me and the
intense red blinking. I finally gave up and passed the guy, then stayed
ahead of him.

As mentioned before, we're seeing escalation on this issue. Soon lots
of riders won't feel "safe" enough unless they're irritating the hell
out of other riders with their glaring lights.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 18th 15, 12:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

letsnot stand in the way of DIY with objections of misuse...

light should be appropriately used

****, everything should be...

education is necessary for the unobservant

as JB sez of the Portland community

Frank, dig out some lenses, blind your naybors...

report back with photos/video

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48a_1411905585