Lithium Ion vs NiMh battery

Old October 26th 17, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Lithium Ion vs NiMh battery

On 2017-10-26 07:56, wrote:
On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 7:49:42 AM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

Did you contact Sony about it? They have to defend a reputation and
should usually fall over backwards to make it right for you. It can
happen that their QA slips but it isn't supposed to.

Come on Joerg - for a couple of bucks?

To me stuff like that is not just a matter of principle, an otherwise
reputable manufacturer has to know that this is happening. If nobody
alerts them they may never learn about such problems. After all, it just
takes 30sec for an email. The only one here who might make a couple of
bucks in 30sec is probably Jay :-)

Jay?

I think that Jay is going for "make Trump look like a piker."

Hmm.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pike...w=1224&bih=695
Old October 26th 17, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2017-10-26 07:56,
wrote:
On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 7:49:42 AM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

Did you contact Sony about it? They have to defend a reputation
and should usually fall over backwards to make it right for
you. It can happen that their QA slips but it isn't supposed
to.

Come on Joerg - for a couple of bucks?

To me stuff like that is not just a matter of principle, an
otherwise reputable manufacturer has to know that this is
happening. If nobody alerts them they may never learn about such
problems. After all, it just takes 30sec for an email. The only one
here who might make a couple of bucks in 30sec is probably Jay :-)

Well, I agree but I don't have to be the one that takes more time and
effort and postage than the batteries cost.

A good company, if they want them back for an investigation, will
provide you with a shipper label and a 1-800 number. A quick call and
the shipper picks it up. Or drop it off in town.

Whereas I simply flipped them in the garbage. You are just too damned organized. I save all of my organization for work.
Old October 27th 17, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-10-26 10:23,
On 2017-10-26 07:56,
wrote:

[...]

That's what my CPA said as well when I showed up at the initial set-up
appointment with a stack of binders and database print-outs. He had
never seen that with a self-employed client.

I guess it's contagious, got it from my wife. If I'd ask her what is for
dinner on January 25, 2018 she'd say "meat loaf with mashed potatoes".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old October 27th 17, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 2:10:50 AM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 09:34:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 6:09:13 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

Which brings up something I've always wondered about. You go in the
store and there is a very nice battery display rack with all sorts of
batteries. One can only speculate how long they have been on the rack,
or in storage before being displayed on the rack.

Does the store scrap any battery that has been on the rack for X
months? Years? Or just keep them until someone buys them?

And which brings up another question - how do you know that your source is any better?

I don't. In fact I don't even worry about the price of a small
battery. It was just something that came to mind the other day while I
was waiting in line at Home Pro. Right there by the cash register they
had a big rack of batteries, must have been a hundred of them.

I came across a pile of dead batteries that I had saved when I was trying to be green before I learned that I had to drive five miles to dispose of these button cells. They were Sony and something called Renata. I didn't find any of those Panasonic but the sheet they come on is unmistakable. I remember tearing the last two out of that sheet to try to use in the transmitter unit only to discover them dead.
Old October 27th 17, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

What was the expiration year on those?

Old October 28th 17, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

Hell if I know. On the non-writing side there is a 72 on one and a 58 on the other. Since they weren't made in those years that sure couldn't be an expiration date.
Old October 28th 17, 12:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-10-27 08:37,

wrote:

[...]

It's on the back of the package, a "Use by" date:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

What impresses the heck out of me is the HP-11C pocket calculator and
some digital thermometers that use the same sort of battery, type 357.
All those devices are from the 80's and are now on the 2nd set of batteries.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Can replace Lthium with Nimh external battery pack? Sir Ridesalot Techniques 43 October 5th 15 08:49 PM
nimh rechargable battery packs - drain and charge when new? Jack Murphy General 10 October 28th 06 02:34 PM
On lithium ion Stuart Lamble Australia 2 March 22nd 05 03:19 AM
dynamo battery chargers AA Nimh Mark Taylor UK 0 February 7th 05 12:42 PM
Lithium Grease Simonb UK 12 March 26th 04 11:42 PM