qbp part #: fw2010 = ???? shimano part # (for PowerTap Hub)

Old July 15th 05, 05:48 PM
Aaron Fillion

Default qbp part #: fw2010 = ???? shimano part # (for PowerTap Hub)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the Shimano Part # is for qbp# fw2010?

I am trying to determine what is the cassette body that comes on the
PowerTap hubs (the non-carbon ones).

I sent an email to Saris and they gave me the part number listed above
and stated that it was a 105 cassette body, however, I know that it is
not (Shimano Part # 3-32x98040) for FH-5500, because I bought that and
it is 3mm longer than the one on the PowerTap wheel.

Aaron

Old July 16th 05, 03:13 AM

I know the FH body you're talking about, it's from the earlier version
of Shimano 105. Not 5500 "9 speed" but something like Shimano 105SC
(FH-1056 or so), "8 speed". It is really a thin back on the body, as
you noticed.

Someone (a bike shop I guess) who has access to the Shimano catalog of
spare parts should be able to find out the Shimano part number for you.

Long shot: I seem to recall the RX-100 was a close (exact?) match.

Good luck!