ABC 774 - Bike path discussion + talkback

Old December 18th 05, 10:25 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default ABC 774 - Bike path discussion + talkback

Currently on ABC 774 with Robin from DarebinBUG and Mark from BV. Should
have a mp3 this arvo for your listening pleasure.

--
cfsmtb

Old December 18th 05, 10:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb Wrote:
Currently on ABC 774 with Robin from DarebinBUG and Mark from BV. Should
have a mp3 this arvo for your listening pleasure.

Quick precis, pretty good onair allocation (10mins+) - lots of talkback
& sms. And talkback + sms from at least two 'known' suspects.

--
cfsmtb

Old December 18th 05, 11:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb Wrote:
Quick precis, pretty good onair allocation (10mins+) - lots of talkback
& sms. And talkback + sms from at least two 'known' suspects.

'peter from surrey hills' is 'known' also (presuming he wasnt in your
count)
Greens candidate and BBUGerer

--
flyingdutch

Old December 19th 05, 06:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb wrote:
cfsmtb Wrote:

Currently on ABC 774 with Robin from DarebinBUG and Mark from BV. Should
have a mp3 this arvo for your listening pleasure.

Quick precis, pretty good onair allocation (10mins+) - lots of talkback
& sms. And talkback + sms from at least two 'known' suspects.

Had a listen. Heard Jason from North Balwyn but was wondering why
FlyingDutch wasn't ringing up. And Jason asking someone from BV
questions had me coughing cough setup end cough. But great to hear
so much airplay.

Good to hear 2500 Yarra Trail users per week day. Maybe the woman who
complained about the lack of users should have been reminded that maybe
that perception is because there is no gridlock like on the road.

DaveB
Old December 19th 05, 07:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2005-12-19, DaveB (aka Bruce)
cfsmtb wrote:
cfsmtb Wrote:

Currently on ABC 774 with Robin from DarebinBUG and Mark from BV. Should
have a mp3 this arvo for your listening pleasure.

Quick precis, pretty good onair allocation (10mins+) - lots of talkback
& sms. And talkback + sms from at least two 'known' suspects.

Had a listen. Heard Jason from North Balwyn but was wondering why
FlyingDutch wasn't ringing up. And Jason asking someone from BV
questions had me coughing cough setup end cough. But great to hear
so much airplay.

Heh. I just listened to it (the pain I have to go through, because of
that freaking system upgrade[1]. xmms can't play mp3s anymore. What
the feck is the good of that?). But I digress.

Possibly Jason didn't quite emphasise enough that tax payers pay for
the roads (sure, he said rego /doesn't/ pay for them). So it is
sensible for taxpayers also to pay for bike paths, particularly since
current Australian bike path spending is an average of $3 per capita
(and roads are a hellovalota more expensive than that).

I guess there's only so much you can say in a 30 second call before
non-believers switch off.

[1] The university has just replaced every single phone with an $600
IP phone. The rings all sound the same, so I can't tell whose phone
is ringing. The system keeps going down, and you certainly won't want
to rely on them in an emergency. And you need to have a windows
account to use voicemail. And it's not at all like with have an
ethernet port shortage up here, is it?! Furrfu!

--
TimC
Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.
Old December 19th 05, 07:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"TimC" == TimC writes:

TimC Heh. I just listened to it (the pain I have to go through,
TimC because of that freaking system upgrade[1]. xmms can't play
TimC mp3s anymore. What the feck is the good of that?). But I
TimC digress.

Red Hat? It's a patent issue if it is, nothing stopping you loading the
codecs yourself but Red Hat will not open themselves to lawsuits by
distributing a proprietary codec. But I digress :-)

TimC Possibly Jason didn't quite emphasise enough that tax payers
TimC pay for the roads (sure, he said rego /doesn't/ pay for them).
TimC So it is sensible for taxpayers also to pay for bike paths,
TimC particularly since current Australian bike path spending is an
TimC average of $3 per capita (and roads are a hellovalota more
TimC expensive than that).

I thought Jason did a great job actually. Paraphrasing, ``not 1 cent of
rego goes to roads''. Pretty clear to me.

TimC [1] The university has just replaced every single phone with
TimC an $600 IP phone. The rings all sound the same, so I can't
TimC tell whose phone is ringing. The system keeps going down, and
TimC you certainly won't want to rely on them in an emergency. And
TimC you need to have a windows account to use voicemail. And it's
TimC not at all like with have an ethernet port shortage up here,
TimC is it?! Furrfu!

We're trialling IP phones at work, so far they're excellent. We're
using Nortel, no extra ethernet ports required. One port plugs in to
the 'phone and a patch lead plugs the 'phone in to the computer.
Voicemail's done by call pilot as per usual.

What system are you using? Sounds like a real bone one.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old December 19th 05, 07:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC Wrote:

I guess there's only so much you can say in a 30 second call before
non-believers switch off.

tip someone gave me recently. make one point.
clearly. try not to gablle/get-sidetracked or you sound like a
lefty-raving-pinko-commy-collingwood-supporter

--
flyingdutch

Old December 19th 05, 11:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch Wrote:
tip someone gave me recently. make one point.
clearly. try not to gablle/get-sidetracked or you sound like a
lefty-raving-pinko-commy-collingwood-supporter

Spot on - say one thing, say it well, say it clearly and repeat as
required. Push your one statement, don't get sucked into the
inerviewer's agenda. Bring the interviewer back to your one point as
necessary (remember - journo's are airheads and lose track of your
point - you have to keep reminding them ). Think of a snappy
one-liner as the sound grab - the journo can then hang their story on
that one line: journo gets their piece and you get your one thing
across and aired.

--
warrwych