I need locked skewers

Old December 2nd 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
nash

Default I need locked skewers

Anyone know of a source in Canada preferrably.
And please let me know how you made do without as in your own invention.

Old December 3rd 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/pitlock.asp

Old December 3rd 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
nash

On Dec 2, 5:24 pm, wrote:
nash wrote:
Anyone know of a source in Canada preferrably.
And please let me know how you made do without as in your own invention.http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/pitlock.asp

Oh thanks I should have said besides pitlock.
They are not in Canada anyway.

Old December 3rd 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Huntley

nash wrote:
Anyone know of a source in Canada preferrably.
And please let me know how you made do without as in your own invention.

I'm pretty sure Urbane Cyclist in Toronto has something like that,
though it might be the Pitlock device. Give them a call (they don't do
email all that much, but they do do mail and phone.)

As to how to do without, there are steps you can take. Learn how to
lock your bike better than the one next to you in the bike rack. Pop
the front wheel off, and lock it, the rear wheel, and the frame to some
thing solid. Or better, lock the front and the frame to the rack and
use a different lock for the rear (and a loop to the seat if you must.)
Not just 'different' as in not the same object, but different like not
the same technology. A U lock for the primary, a cable lock for the
secondary. Maybe a mix of cyl key, flat key, and combo. Or take a bit
more risk and use a big loop cable through the rear and seat rails and
big U lock on the front.

These ideas involve big locks, and they aren't as light as funny
skewers, but they work. Even lighter is to take you bike with you. Or
leave the lock(s) where you usually park (just don't block the good
places with them or everyone will agree you're a jerk.)

Old December 3rd 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

nash wrote:
Anyone know of a source in Canada preferrably.
And please let me know how you made do without as in your own invention.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=2909

They ship to Canada. A lot less expensive than Pitlocks.
Old December 3rd 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
nash

SMS wrote:
nash wrote:
Anyone know of a source in Canada preferrably.
And please let me know how you made do without as in your own invention.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=2909

They ship to Canada. A lot less expensive than Pitlocks.

I saw OnGuard too Thanks
after using "locking skewers" in Google I found a couple more Seems
they are not so popular.
There is one type where you have a QR lever that you take with you and
reinsert to take off the wheel.
http://www.active.com/story.cfm?stor... guide_cycling

But I do not know how much and I have to email them cause their online
shopping does not work.
Another day wasted

Old December 4th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

On 3 Dec 2006 11:09:10 -0800, "nash" wrote:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=2909

They ship to Canada. A lot less expensive than Pitlocks.

I saw OnGuard too Thanks

I'd think any LBS or locksmith that carries OnGuard products would be
able to order them. The key looks like a handy bottle opener.
--
zk