Cadel Evans to Lotto?

Old August 4th 04, 07:10 AM
patch70

Default Cadel Evans to Lotto?

Not surprisingly it looks like he'll be leaving T-Mobile at the end of
the year and maybe going to the new Omega Pharma-Lotto team.

From cyclingnews.com:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...es/aussie_wrap

Of course, the other major disappointment was the omission of Cadel
Evans by Team T-Mobile. Add to that the double whammy of being left out
of the Olympic team. I spoke to Cadel last night and he was in
surprisingly high spirits. "Well there is some good news. I have just
been told I am riding the Vuelta and I am really looking forward to
that.

What about your omission from the Tour and the Olympics?

"Look, they were both negative shocks. But hey, you have to learn to
deal with setbacks and hopefully learn from them."

Since Cadel did not want to go over old news, I asked about his rumored
signing with the new Lotto team alongside Robbie McEwen, Nick Gates and
Henk Vogels.

"Yes, I am in negotiations with them and it will be finalized one way
or the other in a couple of days. And yes, it would be a very good
option and it seems like it will have a great spirit."

Cadel was keen to get out on the bike and said to ring him in a couple
of days and he would confirm his team for next year.

--
patch70

Old August 4th 04, 07:38 AM
Van Hoorebeeck Bart

Omega Lotto will only keep 7 or 8 riders from Lotto-Domo, ie. McEwen, Van
Petegem and their personal little helpers. Besides abpsrbing the Bodysol
Belgian branch, it's logical given the ProTour scheme that riders who can
do something in serious stage races are dearly wanted. That's why Simoni
and Mayo have been mentioned too.

Old August 4th 04, 11:49 AM
Davide Tosi

Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote:

Omega Lotto will only keep 7 or 8 riders from Lotto-Domo, ie. McEwen, Van
Petegem and their personal little helpers. Besides abpsrbing the Bodysol
Belgian branch, it's logical given the ProTour scheme that riders who can
do something in serious stage races are dearly wanted. That's why Simoni
and Mayo have been mentioned too.

What will happen of the unblown great talent named Rik Verbrugghe?

Old August 4th 04, 12:17 PM
Van Hoorebeeck Bart

he's been named at QSD.
but I think both sides they're waiting a bit to settle the contract. waiting
for something like results

Old August 4th 04, 06:21 PM
Marlene Blanshay

"Van Hoorebeeck Bart" wrote in
message ...
Omega Lotto will only keep 7 or 8 riders from Lotto-Domo, ie. McEwen, Van
Petegem and their personal little helpers. Besides abpsrbing the Bodysol
Belgian branch, it's logical given the ProTour scheme that riders who can
do something in serious stage races are dearly wanted. That's why Simoni
and Mayo have been mentioned too.

I always figured Evans would leave T Mobile when his contract was up. He was
wasted there, and should probably be on a team where he gets to be in the
grand tours. Salvoldelli will probably leave too.

Old August 5th 04, 12:46 AM
Tom Kunich

"Marlene Blanshay" wrote in message

I always figured Evans would leave T Mobile when his contract was up. He

was
wasted there, and should probably be on a team where he gets to be in the
grand tours. Salvoldelli will probably leave too.

Yeah, it looks like Kloden will be leaving as well. Then T-Mobile can do
their own special form of Tour where Jan is unsupported and has to chase
Vino.