Hey! Bicycle content

Old January 19th 19, 10:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Hey! Bicycle content

I came across a bicycle song. See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5So8WTrL3H8

A little country but bicycle content (which is becoming a bit unusual
:-)
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old January 19th 19, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 1/19/19 10:12 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I came across a bicycle song. See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5So8WTrL3H8

A little country but bicycle content (which is becoming a bit unusual
:-)

It's a bit more than a *little* country! Quite funny mind...

Old January 19th 19, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 1/19/2019 1:12 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I came across a bicycle song. See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5So8WTrL3H8

A little country but bicycle content (which is becoming a bit unusual
:-)
--

Cheers,

John B.

Thanks, John. I heard (or so I recall) that song decades ago, sung
(again IIRC) by Peter Alsop, and have looked for it from time to time since.

Mark J.
Old January 19th 19, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 4:13:02 AM UTC-5, John B. Slocomb wrote:
I came across a bicycle song. See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5So8WTrL3H8

A little country but bicycle content (which is becoming a bit unusual
:-)
--

Cheers,

John B.

the video for Shout To The Top by The Style Council has a racing themed video, which really has very little to do with the song. I'm a big fan of the song and racing, so it works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmVkOlZFF3Y
Old January 19th 19, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/19/2019 12:01 PM, Mark J. wrote:
On 1/19/2019 1:12 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I came across a bicycle song. See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5So8WTrL3H8

A little country but bicycle content (which is becoming a bitÂ* unusual
:-)

Here's another with bike content. The Raleigh comes in a bit after 2:15
but it's worth waiting for.

To explain the context: In Ireland and around the world, there are
people who love to get together to play Irish tunes in social
"sessions." There are thousands of jigs, reels, hornpipes, polkas, etc.
that are part of the genre. But to participate, you need to take the
time to learn some tunes and practice them.

Except Irish sessions are plagued by amateur percussionists, people who
think it's fun to bang on things, because hey, you get to play! And you
don't even need to practice! Those who play spoons are the most widely
scorned. They hold two soup spoons in one hand and rapidly whack them,
more or less in time with the music.

And nothing destroys a sweet, slow air like a guy rattling along like a
machine gun. Here are the consequences, at least in one instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycd9VaOOiwo

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 19th 19, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 12:48:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 4:13:02 AM UTC-5, John B. Slocomb wrote:
I came across a bicycle song. See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5So8WTrL3H8

A little country but bicycle content (which is becoming a bit unusual
:-)
--

Cheers,

John B.

the video for Shout To The Top by The Style Council has a racing themed video, which really has very little to do with the song. I'm a big fan of the song and racing, so it works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmVkOlZFF3Y

Hey, I hairnet helmet just like that RALEIGH guy. I like how the one guy is riding a bicycle with suicide brake levers and centrepull brake calipers.

Cheers
Old January 19th 19, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 1:12:28 PM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 12:48:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 4:13:02 AM UTC-5, John B. Slocomb wrote:
I came across a bicycle song. See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5So8WTrL3H8

A little country but bicycle content (which is becoming a bit unusual
:-)
--

Cheers,

John B.

the video for Shout To The Top by The Style Council has a racing themed video, which really has very little to do with the song. I'm a big fan of the song and racing, so it works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmVkOlZFF3Y

Hey, I hairnet helmet just like that RALEIGH guy. I like how the one guy is riding a bicycle with suicide brake levers and centrepull brake calipers.

Cheers

That should have been" I have a hairnet helmet just like that one.

Cheers
Old January 19th 19, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 15:36:37 +0100, Tosspot
wrote:

On 1/19/19 10:12 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I came across a bicycle song. See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5So8WTrL3H8

A little country but bicycle content (which is becoming a bit unusual
:-)

It's a bit more than a *little* country! Quite funny mind...

Well, I just thought that a little bicycle content here on this site
might prove to be entertaining :-)
--

Cheers,

John B.