Is there any bike related postings here anymore?

Old April 11th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kevin

Default Is there any bike related postings here anymore?

Just curious... :-) It looks more like an ebay store front.

Kevin

Old April 11th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Kerr

Kevin wrote:
Just curious... :-) It looks more like an ebay store front.

Kevin

Sad isn't it
Old April 11th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Apr 11, 7:26*am, "Kevin" wrote:
Just curious... :-) *It looks more like an ebay store front.

Kevin

But, but, Kevin, now I know where to buy a cheap FAKE WATCH. Very
useful when you don't want to know what time it is.
And how about those call girls in HYDERABAD and
BANGALORE.....oooooooWhee! Now that's livivn' son!!
BTW, Call girls in Bang Galore? It's worthy of Ian Flemming.
ABS
Old April 12th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Are there any bike related postings here anymore?

Kevin McIntyre wrote:
Just curious... :-) It looks more like an ebay store front.

That and cross-posted flame wars started by donquixote1954 aka
CommendanteBanana.

Old April 12th 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Kevin" writes:
Just curious... :-) It looks more like an ebay store front.

I've just passed the 8th anniversary of my
stewardship of my main bike -- an old-skool
MTB that somebody discarded at the closure
of our last public transit strike.

The only "original" parts remaining since
I got the bike are the frame (even the
fork is a replacement) and the Sugino AT
crankset.

Last week I dropped $40 for a new rear wheel
c/w screw-on freewheel hub. It's a nondescript,
single-wall-rim'd, straight-gauge-spoked li'l
beauty. I was lucky to find something with
a threaded hub. The outer walls on double-walled
rims wear from braking just as quickly as single
wall rims.

The front wheel rim is getting fairly worn,
so I might buy an whole new front wheel this
weekend. Since I'm doing 40 hour work weeks,
[re]building wheels eats into my precious riding
time. And maybe I'll look into obtaining either
a taller stem (one where the front brake cable
stop is an hole bored right through the thing)
or a riser handlebar.

I've thought about getting a new bike; maybe
a DaVinci Umbria or something like, but my
current whip has served me well and faithfully,
and I've become rather fond of it, and respectful
of its perserverance. It's always there for me.
It's gotten me home while I was in dire straits,
and it's gotten me away from dire straits at home.
Besides, I like having threaded eyelets for everything,
a rigid fork, and old style cantilever brakes & levers.
It's easier to fit fenders around old style canti brakes
than V-brakes, and old style canti brake levers just feel
good to me. And 18 speeds/x-over gearing inc. granny is
generally more than sufficient for my needs.

I bought a new rubber bulb horn for it last week, too.

Maybe I'll paint the frame when (if) the weather
becomes conducive. I think I and the bike would
like something '60s-ish psychedelic.

cheers,
Tom
--
"... my Preshuss ..."
-- Gollum
Old April 12th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
"Kevin" writes:
[...]

Yes. Most of us are probably out riding when we can.
Old April 12th 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jay[_2_]

"Kevin" wrote in message
Just curious... :-) It looks more like an ebay store front.

Kevin

I guess you missed my RBT face plant thread?

J.

Old April 12th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

Default BE there any bike related postings here anymore?

Maybe I'll paint the frame when (if) the weather becomes
conducive. I think I and the bike would like something
'60s-ish psychedelic.

=v= Beautiful Saturday and I'm sitting around waiting for
delivery of my "psycho lime" bike. (You can google the color.)

Yes. Most of us are probably out riding when we can.

=v= True enough. Others are spamming when they can, though. :-(
_Jym_

"There's a SEASON?"
-- Yehuda Moon

Old April 12th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Jay Bollyn wrote:
"Kevin" wrote in message
Just curious... :-) It looks more like an ebay store front.

Kevin

I guess you missed my RBT face plant thread?

I hope the Electra survived without damage.

Old April 12th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jay[_2_]

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Jay Bollyn wrote:
"Kevin" wrote in message
Just curious... :-) It looks more like an ebay store front.

Kevin

I guess you missed my RBT face plant thread?

I hope the Electra survived without damage.

Seriously, I can't find it, and dat B no jok. I think Niles PD has it, but I
have no leverage over dos guys. My leverage has limits. Basically limited to
Chicago, or Cicero. I am dat kinda guy.

No one - not CPD District 16 - Niles PD - Bollingbrook PD - CFD - knows
where da bike is. I am ready to write it off, and buy another.

PLEASE! Do NOT make J mad. J is a rilly bad seed.

J.

A bike related joke Craig Brossman Mountain Biking 10 March 26th 06 12:59 PM
Appropriate postings for this newsgroup Darrell Marketplace 4 January 3rd 06 07:14 PM
Stolen postings? Sheldon Brown Techniques 20 December 27th 05 04:56 PM
Postings From mm Johnny Draymen UK 26 November 22nd 05 07:46 PM
oh look. a bike-related thread! flyingdutch Australia 1 September 1st 04 07:49 AM