Disc Wheel Build Build Suggestions

Old October 4th 04, 10:49 PM
osobailo

Default Disc Wheel Build Build Suggestions

Hello Cycling Forum,

I am looking for additional suggestions/feedback regarding a disc whee
set that I plan to build. Up to this point, I have always used straigh
gauge spokes however, after reading Jobst Brandt's "The Bicycle Wheel
I am compelled to use 14/15/14 swaged spokes. Please give me advic
based on your experience using disc wheels laced with 14/15/14 spokes
13/15/14 spokes or straight 14 gauge spokes. Also, what kind o
results have you had with 4-cross lacing and discs?

The parts I have to use are as follows:

36-hole, ISO disc rear hub
32-hole, 20 mm ISO disc front hub
Mavic D321 rims

The rear wheel will be used with either a 6 or 8 inch rotor.
The front wheel will be used with an 8 inch rotor.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Jerem

--
osobailo

Old October 5th 04, 01:55 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Osobailo- Please give me advice
based on your experience using disc wheels laced with 14/15/14 spokes,
13/15/14 spokes or straight 14 gauge spokes. Also, what kind of
results have you had with 4-cross lacing and discs? BRBR

Lace three cross, head out or 'inside pulling' and use 14/15 spokes, brass
nipps. This is the set up we have used for a couple 'o dozen disc wheelsets.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302