Cycling Irritations

Old October 9th 07, 11:02 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Default Cycling Irritations

1. Enjoying my morning commute along a tree-lined away-from-the-road
cycle path, enjoying the birdsong, only to be overtaken by a
bloorting, smokey, 2-stroke-engin-equipped MTB, which proceeds to
leave a trail of pollution hanging on the still air for me to ride
through. :-|

It's almost, but not quite, as bad as being out in the clean, crisp
new-fallen snow on cross-country skis, and having some ******* come
tearing along the trail on a snowmobile.

BTH

Old October 10th 07, 12:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dre

"BT Humble" wrote in message
oups.com...
1. Enjoying my morning commute along a tree-lined away-from-the-road
cycle path, enjoying the birdsong, only to be overtaken by a
bloorting, smokey, 2-stroke-engin-equipped MTB, which proceeds to
leave a trail of pollution hanging on the still air for me to ride
through. :-|

It's almost, but not quite, as bad as being out in the clean, crisp
new-fallen snow on cross-country skis, and having some ******* come
tearing along the trail on a snowmobile.

BTH

That actually happened to me on the way home last night too. The thing that
set me off was when they reached down to pull start it, thats when I heard
it and smelt it, YURK!

So what did I do?? I passed them (with ease too, LOL) and made subtle
coughing noises as I did, they just looked at me funny, hehehehe.

Its the first time I've been up close to one running, a few observations,
first they are SLLLLOOOOOWWWW, second it was hell noisey and it sounded like
the crank was about to drop out and finally it stank (as you know) bad. I
really cant see how those ****y little smoke machines can actually push you
forward enough to warrent the extra weight and stuff, this one really looked
like it was struggling even on the flat...

Cheers Dre

Old October 10th 07, 12:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

BT Humble wrote:
1. Enjoying my morning commute along a tree-lined away-from-the-road
cycle path, enjoying the birdsong, only to be overtaken by a
bloorting, smokey, 2-stroke-engin-equipped MTB, which proceeds to
leave a trail of pollution hanging on the still air for me to ride
through. :-|

BT. I came across a guy on his trail bike last week doing "jumps" OVER
the path where I turn off into Wanniassa! The path there is raised and
obviously makes and ideal spot for fine-tuning those trail bike skills.
As I went past him (he'd left his young son standing ON the path just
near where he was jumping) he gave me a big smile and "g'day". He didn't
seem to impressed with the look on my face which clearly announced
"moron" without the requirement to waste my breath. Said location is
just the other side of an underpass and on a bend. Had I been coming
through just a few seconds earlier there may have been a nasty "incident".

Who was the ******* that invented the infernal combustion engine!

:-|

--
Bean "getting crankier in my old age"

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old October 10th 07, 11:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Boostland

"BT Humble" wrote in message
oups.com...
1. Enjoying my morning commute along a tree-lined away-from-the-road
cycle path, enjoying the birdsong, only to be overtaken by a
bloorting, smokey, 2-stroke-engin-equipped MTB, which proceeds to
leave a trail of pollution hanging on the still air for me to ride
through. :-|

It's almost, but not quite, as bad as being out in the clean, crisp
new-fallen snow on cross-country skis, and having some ******* come
tearing along the trail on a snowmobile.

BTH

Ride faster :P

I am yet to see one of these powered bicycles be able to maintain the speeds
that I like to travel at

And I am probably what they would call a "Fatty master" as with my 100kg's
and my 36 spoke wheels I was told I register rather high on the "Fatty
master" scale, one thing to note I am the only rider in A grade in Newcastle
that rides 36 spoke wheels on the road in races.

Old October 10th 07, 12:52 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Price[_2_]

BTH wrote -

It's almost, but not quite, as bad as being out in the clean, crisp
new-fallen snow on cross-country skis, and having some ******* come
tearing along the trail on a snowmobile.

Always remember, waiting puffing and out of breath from a quick run in a
lift que at the snow, and STB* would light up a cigarette with not a care in
the world about the pollution they were causing or the withdrawl cravings
they were creating in the Born Again Non Smokers, who feigned disgust but
secretely sucked in deeply at the forbidden but not forgotten deadly fumes

Now if they had lit up a joint ...

* Some Thoughtless Ba$tard

Old October 10th 07, 12:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Price[_2_]

Boostland spake thus -

And I am probably what they would call a "Fatty master" as with my 100kg's
and my 36 spoke wheels I was told I register rather high on the "Fatty
master" scale, one thing to note I am the only rider in A grade in
Newcastle that rides 36 spoke wheels on the road in races.

1. Deep section rims + lots of spokes = forgiveness from many sins.

2 A plague on your house, Ksyeriums - and if you ever ride them in the rain,
watch the niples and the spokes galvanicically and inseperably weld.

3 Which brings me back to proposition 1.

best, Andrew

Old October 11th 07, 12:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-10-09, BT Humble (aka Bruce)
1. Enjoying my morning commute along a tree-lined away-from-the-road
cycle path, enjoying the birdsong, only to be overtaken by a
bloorting, smokey, 2-stroke-engin-equipped MTB, which proceeds to
leave a trail of pollution hanging on the still air for me to ride
through. :-|

And to think they are probably doing it because they have the mistaken
impression they're being more environmentally friendly. A two-stroke
is worth about 60 cars when it comes to noxious gasses, aren't they?

It's almost, but not quite, as bad as being out in the clean, crisp
new-fallen snow on cross-country skis, and having some ******* come
tearing along the trail on a snowmobile.

Trailbikes ripping up the mud right next to your tent, repeatedly, in
a very out of the way location with just your group and that /other/
group around the bend in the river, just because they can.

--
TimC
This is a dirty hack! It might burn your PC and kill your cat!
Old October 11th 07, 10:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
FlashGordon[_2_]

Or out on Townsend and some prick comes along and lights a fag and ensures
he is up wind of you.

oups.com...