RIP Gary Fischer

Old January 24th 08, 09:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.sport.football.college
G.T.

Default RIP Gary Fischer

wrote in message
On Jan 24, 2:16 pm, Scott Gordo wrote:

I think you meant Trek made some frames with a longer top tube than
normal for some reason and Fisher's name on them. Oh yeah, and the
Trek full-sus frames with his name on them have a nasty reputation for
catastrophic failure at the bb shell.

I suppose that some of "his" older stuff (I'm thinking of the old
black/neon green/hot pink steel Supercaliber) had arguably better
paint jobs than standard Treks, especially when mated to the rough-
hewn and drab grey elastomer Manitou forks of the time.

How about a little respect for the departed?

Good grief, nobody's perfect.

Damn, you're really, really, REALLY ****ing boring.

Greg

Old January 30th 08, 01:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.sport.football.college
spdrecrd

Ok, I think there is still some confusion here. Bobby Fischer died, he
is a Chess player. Gary Fisher is still alive, he raced and builds
Mountain Bikes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Fisher

Hope this helps.

-www.pedalpushersonline.com-
Old January 30th 08, 01:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.sport.football.college

On Jan 30, 8:50*am, spdrecrd wrote:
Ok, I think there is still some confusion here. Bobby Fischer died, he
is a Chess player. Gary Fisher is still alive, he raced and builds
Mountain Bikes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Fisher

Hope this helps.

I appreciate the source, but we all know anyone can edit wikipedia.

I prefer to trust my mainstream media sources.

a.
Old January 30th 08, 02:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.sport.football.college
Mercellus Bohren

On Jan 30, 7:59*am, "
wrote:
On Jan 30, 8:50*am, spdrecrd wrote:

Ok, I think there is still some confusion here. Bobby Fischer died, he
is a Chess player. Gary Fisher is still alive, he raced and builds
Mountain Bikes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Fisher

Hope this helps.

I appreciate the source, but we all know anyone can edit wikipedia.

I prefer to trust my mainstream media sources.

a.

Which reminds me, I got my frame that was on back-order delivered on
Saturday last. I sat down in the garage and cried for awhile. My wife
came out and asked what I was upset about; I just told her that she
wouldn't understand. Thanks again for posting this; I have dyslexia
and can't much read, but I recognized the Fisher name and I always try
to read your postings.
Old January 30th 08, 02:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.sport.football.college

On Jan 30, 9:26*am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
On Jan 30, 7:59*am, "

wrote:
On Jan 30, 8:50*am, spdrecrd wrote:

Ok, I think there is still some confusion here. Bobby Fischer died, he
is a Chess player. Gary Fisher is still alive, he raced and builds
Mountain Bikes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Fisher

Hope this helps.

I appreciate the source, but we all know anyone can edit wikipedia.

I prefer to trust my mainstream media sources.

a.

Which reminds me, I got my frame that was on back-order delivered on
Saturday last. I sat down in the garage and cried for awhile. My wife
came out and asked what I was upset about; I just told her that she
wouldn't understand. Thanks again for posting this; I have dyslexia
and can't much read, but I recognized the Fisher name and I always try
to read your postings.

It still makes me sad, too.

Enjoy that frame. They probably won't be that good anymore.

a.
Old January 30th 08, 05:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.sport.football.college
G.T.

wrote:
[...]

You guys are just a barrel of laughs.

Greg
Old January 30th 08, 06:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.sport.football.college
Anthony Summers

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:55:31 -0800, G.T. wrote...

wrote:
[...]

You think there's something funny about death? WTF is wrong with you?

--
A. Summers || summerstorm0007--at--yahoo.com

"In a very short time, you have gone from nobody to RFSC's biggest ****!

Congratulations, and welcome to my killfile!" -- "C the Shocker"

Old January 30th 08, 07:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.sport.football.college
Zaphod Beeblebrox[_2_]

Bill Sornson presented us with the following on 1/30/2008 1:20 PM:

wrote:
[...]

ROTFL Stop, please! The razor-sharp wit is just too much! ROTFL

What's ROTFL? Some kind of html tag that you forgot to enclose within
.. ?

--
I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
I'm so cool you can keep a side of meat in me for months.
Old January 30th 08, 08:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.sport.football.college
G.T.

wrote:
[...]

No Gary, NO!, No Gary NO! nooooooooo GARY!!!!!! Jock Australia 21 September 3rd 06 01:41 PM
Gary Fisher vs. Bobby Fischer [email protected] Racing 1 November 15th 05 12:10 PM
Gary Hobbs Scott Racing 5 March 29th 05 03:52 PM
FS: Fischer SCS Skate skis Joe Galloway Marketplace 1 January 21st 04 09:52 PM
Gary Fisher Chuck Lysaght Off Road 0 September 8th 03 02:45 AM