Ouch - track racing

Old August 25th 06, 10:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
cc

Default Ouch - track racing

Zilla wrote:
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/c...e_of_death.wmv

jesus.
Old August 25th 06, 10:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Zilla

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/c...e_of_death.wmv

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old August 25th 06, 11:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

cc wrote:
Zilla wrote:
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/c...e_of_death.wmv

jesus.

k.

Old August 25th 06, 11:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Drew

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
cc wrote:
Zilla wrote:
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/c...e_of_death.wmv

jesus.

k.

rist

Old August 26th 06, 12:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

Zilla wrote:

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/c...e_of_death.wmv

Damn, that's the worst track accident I've seen. I can't believe that
railing was so low
____
Slack
Old August 26th 06, 02:47 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Slack wrote:
Zilla wrote:

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/c...e_of_death.wmv

Damn, that's the worst track accident I've seen. I can't believe that
railing was so low
____
Slack

Pretty typical for any "Balustrade" (the fense around a velodrome) ....
It is at a level the riders can hold on to it before rolling out ...
for some events. Traditions sometimes kill.

Old August 26th 06, 03:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Zilla wrote:
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/c...e_of_death.wmv

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA
(Remove XSPAM)

Typical track racing , and a classic hook. You can take 'em to the
fense .... but you aren't supposed to leave them there.

If you want to check out poor sportsmanship ... watch the end of this

http://www.smithersmpls.com/movie/JustTheCrash.wmv

Bar slap ... thats what did in John Harrington at Hellyer Velodrome
(bringing this back to mountain biking...)

Old August 26th 06, 03:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

wrote:

Zilla wrote:
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/c...e_of_death.wmv

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA
(Remove XSPAM)

Typical track racing , and a classic hook. You can take 'em to the
fense .... but you aren't supposed to leave them there.

If you want to check out poor sportsmanship ... watch the end of this

http://www.smithersmpls.com/movie/JustTheCrash.wmv

Bar slap ... thats what did in John Harrington at Hellyer Velodrome
(bringing this back to mountain biking...)

Nice clip. I'd be waiting for that ******* in the parking lot.
____
Slack
Old August 26th 06, 03:58 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

wrote:

Slack wrote:
Zilla wrote:

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/c...e_of_death.wmv

Damn, that's the worst track accident I've seen. I can't believe
that railing was so low
____
Slack

Pretty typical for any "Balustrade" (the fense around a velodrome)
.... It is at a level the riders can hold on to it before rolling
out ... for some events. Traditions sometimes kill.

Now that I think about it, you're right. Used to ride here
http://www.encinovelodrome.org/gallery.htm and hopefully will be riding
here sometime in the not too distant future
http://www.juniorvelo.com/wp-content...lt_50c_75p.jpg

Btw, check some great stills of a differnet type of crash
http://www.sportsshooter.com/STEVEC/crash/
____
Slack
Old August 26th 06, 07:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Andy H

"Slack" wrote in message

Zilla wrote:
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/c...e_of_death.wmv

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA
(Remove XSPAM)

Typical track racing , and a classic hook. You can take 'em to the
fense .... but you aren't supposed to leave them there.

If you want to check out poor sportsmanship ... watch the end of this

http://www.smithersmpls.com/movie/JustTheCrash.wmv

Bar slap ... thats what did in John Harrington at Hellyer Velodrome
(bringing this back to mountain biking...)

Nice clip. I'd be waiting for that ******* in the parking lot.
____
Slack

I'd like to know what happened to the poor chap who slid lifelessly down the
track. Looks like he hit his head on a post but no one mentions him.

Andy