Buying 27 Inch tyres

Old October 29th 06, 08:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dancier

Default Buying 27 Inch tyres

Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.
Nashbar.com seem to have 27 inch conti's and a few other brands, has
anyone used them at all.

Thanks in advance.

--
Dancier

Old October 29th 06, 09:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Signorini

"Dancier" wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.
Nashbar.com seem to have 27 inch conti's and a few other brands, has
anyone used them at all.

Sheldon Brown has a range of different 27" tyres at Harris Cyclery at:

http://harriscyclery.net/itemlist.cf...4&catalogId=39

For a tough 27X1.25 you couldn't go past the Scwalbe Marathon - excellent
touring tyre, used on world expeditions. I've just ordered (and promptly
received) half a dozen of the Avocet Fasgrip 27X7/8" to keep me in tyres for
the next 10-20 years.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old October 29th 06, 10:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dancier

Peter Signorini Wrote:
"Dancier" wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.
Nashbar.com seem to have 27 inch conti's and a few other brands, has
anyone used them at all.

Sheldon Brown has a range of different 27" tyres at Harris Cyclery at:

http://harriscyclery.net/itemlist.cf...4&catalogId=39

For a tough 27X1.25 you couldn't go past the Scwalbe Marathon -
excellent
touring tyre, used on world expeditions. I've just ordered (and
promptly
received) half a dozen of the Avocet Fasgrip 27X7/8" to keep me in
tyres for
the next 10-20 years.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

I should of mentioned sheldons site but I forgot too. I was in their
today and the minimum order is $100 US for orders sent overseas. I was
looking at the Scwalbe Marathon, maybe as you say I might have to buy a
few to get me over the $100 mark.

--
Dancier

Old October 29th 06, 12:00 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Signorini

"Dancier" wrote:

I should of mentioned sheldons site but I forgot too. I was in their
today and the minimum order is $100 US for orders sent overseas. I was
looking at the Scwalbe Marathon, maybe as you say I might have to buy a
few to get me over the $100 mark.

Oh yes, forgot that. I recall now that my 6 tyres and 6 tubes came to
$US101.

Timing is everything.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old October 29th 06, 02:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Mike

Dancier wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.

Try aebike.com
Old October 29th 06, 07:18 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dancier

Mike Wrote:
Dancier wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.

Try aebike.com

Thanks Mike that site is a winner, not only for tires. Sent them an
email to see what the shipping cost are.

--
Dancier

Old October 29th 06, 08:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound

"Dancier" wrote in message
news

Mike Wrote:
Dancier wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.

Try aebike.com

Thanks Mike that site is a winner, not only for tires. Sent them an
email to see what the shipping cost are.

If you run through the order process but stop short of finalising it,
they'll give you the shipping cost as well.

Old October 29th 06, 09:56 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dancier

Resound Wrote:
If you run through the order process but stop short of finalising it,
they'll give you the shipping cost as well.

I went through the process but stopped when they wanted my credit card
details. If I don't get an email reply then I will do as you say.

--
Dancier

Old October 30th 06, 04:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Mike

Dancier wrote:

Try aebike.com

Thanks Mike that site is a winner, not only for tires. Sent them an
email to see what the shipping cost are.

No worries. If you put in the location, the checkout should tell you
postage. It has some weird formula which often doesn't make much sense,
but they stick to it. They send via USPS (ie regular gov't post.)

One point - Shimano components can only be ordered on weekends.
No kidding.

Old October 30th 06, 08:23 PM posted to aus.bicycle
ritcho

Dancier Wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.
Nashbar.com seem to have 27 inch conti's and a few other brands, has
anyone used them at all.

Thanks in advance.

Try Abbotsford Cycles on Swan St, Richmond. They have lots of bits and
pieces, wouldn't surprise if they also had 27 inch tyres.

Ritch

--
ritcho

16 inch as an adult? volker Unicycling 15 April 23rd 06 10:42 AM
Tight Tyres / Rims Gippledocks UK 9 June 28th 05 09:45 PM
tire options for SUN28 inch unicycle uni_zorro Unicycling 2 June 6th 05 12:34 PM
56 inch big wheel with 4.5 inch cranks!? Ken Fuchs Unicycling 9 September 5th 03 03:27 AM
With gritted teeth... Chuck Webb Unicycling 21 August 29th 03 07:38 AM