question about race face handlebars

Old November 9th 06, 04:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default question about race face handlebars

Do the oversize Race Face handlebars (such as the Atlas LR Bar) have a
31.8mm tube diameter for the whole length of the tube, or just in the
center (where the stem clamps on)?

I have really huge hands, and I think a larger diameter handlebar would
be more comfortable. But I'm not buying one of these if the ends taper
down to 25.4 mm like the rest.

Old November 9th 06, 11:01 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dre

wrote in message
ps.com...
Do the oversize Race Face handlebars (such as the Atlas LR Bar) have a
31.8mm tube diameter for the whole length of the tube, or just in the
center (where the stem clamps on)?

I have really huge hands, and I think a larger diameter handlebar would
be more comfortable. But I'm not buying one of these if the ends taper
down to 25.4 mm like the rest.

My Truvativ bars have a 31.8mm diameter in the middle, they then taper out
to 25.4mm.

I'd be inclined to say the Race Face is the same otherwise none of the
grips, shifters and brake levers would fit...

Cheers Dre

Old November 10th 06, 04:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

Dre wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...
Do the oversize Race Face handlebars (such as the Atlas LR Bar) have a
31.8mm tube diameter for the whole length of the tube, or just in the
center (where the stem clamps on)?

I have really huge hands, and I think a larger diameter handlebar would
be more comfortable. But I'm not buying one of these if the ends taper
down to 25.4 mm like the rest.

My Truvativ bars have a 31.8mm diameter in the middle, they then taper out
to 25.4mm.

I'd be inclined to say the Race Face is the same otherwise none of the
grips, shifters and brake levers would fit...

Cheers Dre

Mr. Cheers Dre is right. They are not fat to the ends...

hth

CDB

FS: Race Face cranks & BB Oskar Marketplace 0 October 6th 06 08:12 PM
FS: Race Face Chainring set Frank Hassler Marketplace 0 July 7th 05 06:52 AM
Closed Face Stem and CF Handlebars Paul Kopit Techniques 1 May 25th 05 02:13 PM
race face 44t thlrx Marketplace 1 November 21st 04 12:17 AM
Race face leg armor Max_Dingemans Unicycling 5 August 7th 04 07:14 PM