A mad cycling "song"

Old February 21st 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default A mad cycling "song"

Heard tonight on radio6, "Fishface" by (I think) "Abdoujaparov".
Where a bloke rants at a motorist, with lines like "cycling used to be fun"
and a fair bit more besides.
Song quality's rotten though - nice sentiments, shame about the song.

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

Old February 22nd 06, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

John Clayton wrote:
Heard tonight on radio6, "Fishface" by (I think) "Abdoujaparov".

They've been around a couple of years - I remember a while ago hearing
them on 6Music and emailing in to help the DJ (Andrew Collins, IIRC)
with pronunciation of the name, and explaining who the Tashkent Terror
was. :-)

d.
Old February 22nd 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Bronzie wrote:
The band was formed by Les Carter (aka "Fruitbat")

Of course! I'd forgotten that.

d.
Old February 22nd 06, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Bronzie wrote:

Les is a keen cyclist and used to take to
the stage wearing a cotton racing cap with the peak turned up which was
always an interesting sight!

Indeed he did - I can recall seeing Carter USM on TOTP and suchlike and
it was usually a Z-Peugeot cap.

David Belcher

Old February 22nd 06, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Bronzie wrote:

The band was formed by Les Carter (aka "Fruitbat") from Carter (The
Unstoppable Sex Machine) - Les is a keen cyclist and used to take to
the stage wearing a cotton racing cap with the peak turned up which was
always an interesting sight!

Indeed, he was briefly a member of the Dulwich Paragon. We hoped at
one stage we might be able to get rid of a massive over-order of caps.
:-)
Old February 22nd 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Just twigged that you can download the "Fishface" song from the
website's download page.

The lyric quoted by the OP is in fact:
"I remember when the bicycle was safe and it was fun,
But next time I cycle, I'm gonna bring a gun............
........... that's right fishface, just for you!"

In the words of Louis Walsh - "Oy loiked it".

Ta
Bronzie

Old February 23rd 06, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Ta people, I'm the OP.
I told me mate tonight and he paid once to see them, in Leeds.
Along with three others and a whippet (he claims).

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk