CHAIN LUBE CHAIN LUBE CHAIN LUBE CHAIN LUBE

Old June 18th 05, 04:15 PM

Default CHAIN LUBE CHAIN LUBE CHAIN LUBE CHAIN LUBE

sheldon brown's harris articles on chain lubes discuss trans oil vs
lighter cycle chain oil with a conclusion that the side plates collect
dirt with the heavier trans oil.
seems so at temperatures 60 and below while using synthetic trans oil.
switching from cycle to auto trans oils- efficiency loss using trans
oil with a chain almost to the halfway point at 55 or below a few
degrees is noticeable but not disseffective maybe 10-15%. i'm using
epic and valvo synthetic trans oil somewhat cheaper. the idea surface
that at the change of efficiency temperatures lubing the side plates
with epic and rollers with valvo synth at 70 weight is an ideal
experimental solution.
this is in a soil of sand silica and no clay like materials, a
condition tipping the balance toward sheldon's reasoning.
using an epic washout relube following the valvo for touring without a
complete clean and soak improves the running chain's touring condition.

valvo mixed with epic works at temps below 95
above 95 straight valvo gets the nod for sure
what temp does the chain run thru down there near the hot roadsurface
what to mix valvo with to thin it?

Old June 20th 05, 05:38 PM
John Everett

On 18 Jun 2005 08:15:47 -0700, wrote:

[...]

For the longest time I've thought the "Shift" key on datakoll's
keyboard had to be broken, but I just now noticed he's managed to type
"%" and "?". ;-)

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet
http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
Old June 20th 05, 07:25 PM
Jim Smith

John Everett writes:

For the longest time I've thought the "Shift" key on datakoll's
keyboard had to be broken, but I just now noticed he's managed to type
"%" and "?". ;-)

How does one pronounce "datakoll" anyways?
Old June 20th 05, 07:34 PM
Bill Sornson

Jim Smith wrote:
John Everett writes:

For the longest time I've thought the "Shift" key on datakoll's
keyboard had to be broken, but I just now noticed he's managed to
type "%" and "?". ;-)

How does one pronounce "datakoll" anyways?

Datakoll plays next to Dagard.

HTH, BS

Old June 20th 05, 07:45 PM
Jim Smith

"Bill Sornson" writes:

Jim Smith wrote:
John Everett writes:

For the longest time I've thought the "Shift" key on datakoll's
keyboard had to be broken, but I just now noticed he's managed to
type "%" and "?". ;-)

How does one pronounce "datakoll" anyways?

Datakoll plays next to Dagard.

HTH, BS

Aha! Thank you so much!

Old June 20th 05, 08:37 PM

hehehehehe

How does one pronounce "datakoll" anyways?

OBVIOUSLY, depends on your edo!

Old June 20th 05, 08:39 PM

hehehehehehe

OBVIOUSLY, depends on your edo!

say, hear anything from the autotransfluid salesman outta grand rapids?

at this date i kinda drew the suspicion that twas time for poeple to
clean and lube the chain.

Old June 20th 05, 09:01 PM
Jim Smith

writes: