Three sets of FIAC National Championships this year

Old May 19th 11, 07:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Three sets of FIAC National Championships this year

On Friday, 13 May 2011 13:23:41 UTC-7, Les Earnest wrote:
FIAC will hold three sets of national championships.

1. Six Day Track Championships for Elite Women and Men during June
20-25 at Alpenrose Velodrome, Oregon.

2. Track Omnium Championships for Women and Men: Junior, Elite and 40+
on July 23-24 in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

3. Team Time Trial Championships for Women and Men in several age
groups to be run Sept. 11 in LaSalle County, Illinois.

For more information about these championships see
http://www.fiac.us/nationals.htm.

For more information about the Federation of Independent Associations
for Cycling (FIAC) see http://fiac.us/.

-Les Earnest, FIAC executive director

Les, I'm perfectly content that you're doing good work over there in FIAC, but what kind of crazy organization has a TTT championship, an Elite 6-Day championships, but no road or TT championship event?
Old May 19th 11, 02:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 5/19/2011 1:15 AM, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

And how do we know that years later he won't decide they weren't
championships after all?

But to address your question, I believe these are the championships
that FIAC organizers were willing to put on. If you weren't in the
wilds of Canookistan you could organize the FIAC Road National
Championships.

Maybe you could run Worlds instead.

Fred Flintstein
Old May 20th 11, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Les Earnest

On 5/18/2011 11:15 PM, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

A short answer to your question is "An organization with a shortage of
entrepreneurs." Actually, when we first started doing national
championships they were deliberately chosen to not overlap with USCF
championships but after awhile we broadened our coverage. However we
are unlikely to develop a broader championship program unless we are
able to expand our geographical coverage and every time it appears that
we are about to do that, USAC sends a letter to the major race
organizer threatening to suspend riders who compete in races we organize.

-Les

Old May 20th 11, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Fred Flintstein wrote:
But to address your question, I believe these are the championships
that FIAC organizers were willing to put on. If you weren't in the
wilds of Canookistan you could organize the FIAC Road National
Championships.

At last he'd be able to OWN THE PODIUM, even if he bought it on ebay.