Critical Mass and Time up: Bike origanization

Old March 30th 05, 06:18 PM
Leo Lichtman

"Dennis P. Harris" wrote: (clip) it's like driving to the gym to walk on a
treadmill. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Right! I put MY treadmill in the back of the SUV and DRIVE to the gym.

Old March 30th 05, 06:38 PM
Maggie

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Dennis P. Harris" wrote: (clip) it's like driving to the gym to

walk on a
treadmill. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Right! I put MY treadmill in the back of the SUV and DRIVE to the

gym.

Does yours fold like mine? I have a hard time pushing that thing into
the back of my SUV. Don't you find it difficult? You would think gyms
could supply the treadmills with the amount of dues they charge.
Maggie. ;-)

Old March 30th 05, 07:03 PM
The Wogster

Dennis P. Harris wrote:
On 29 Mar 2005 05:28:25 -0800 in rec.bicycles.misc, "Maggie"
wrote:

One commercial shows two
guys doing some extreme biking then finishing by loading the bike in
the SUV and driving off.

i've never understood that. it's like driving to the gym to walk
on a treadmill. JUST RIDE THE DAMN THING.

Haven't you guys ever heard of a bike rack? Simply attach one to the
back of the car/truck/tank, and it doesn't matter how much "car" you
actually have, or how big the bike, and you don't have to rearrange all
the detritus that tends to accumulate in the car first...

As for driving to ride, sometimes where you want to ride, isn't within
the distance you want to ride.....

Old March 30th 05, 08:17 PM
Jym Dyer

... it's like driving to the gym to walk on a treadmill.
I put MY treadmill in the back of the SUV and DRIVE to
the gym.

=v= I have a stationary bike that I put on my bike trailer
so's I can tow it to the gym.
_Jym_
Old March 30th 05, 08:23 PM

Maggie wrote:
Have you noticed alot commercials for SUV's have people riding bikes
then throwing them in the back of their SUV to get home. I have seen
alot of them lately. Also bikes on top of SUV's being taken to the
country to do some radical Mountain biking. One commercial shows two
guys doing some extreme biking then finishing by loading the bike in
the SUV and driving off.

People forget that a bike's also a mode of transportation.
Only in America.

Old March 31st 05, 09:37 AM
Leo Lichtman

"Maggie" wrote: (clip)You would think gyms could supply the treadmills with
the amount of dues they charge.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Actually, the place I go does furnish treadmills, but I was trying to save
money by bringing my own. The idea didn't work out, though, 'cause they
wanted to charge me "corkage."

Old March 31st 05, 10:08 AM

Jym Dyer wrote:
Critical Mass couldn't ride a bike from their home to the
parade site cuz they are just too fat ride a long distance.

=v= Answer the question. 200 bikers at Union Square last
Friday. 50 more at an undisclosed alternate gathering point.
Where in Manhattan is there room to park the 250 SUVs you
claim they drive? Or the 5000-7000 SUVs last August?
_Jym_

Do you believe that they mostly rode the bike from their home to all
the way to their meeting site? These folks are from all over the NY
city and outside of NY city. I doubt it they rode
the bike all the way...

Old March 31st 05, 10:15 AM

Very interesing Mrs.M. you probably bought SUV after you saw from
the AD.
You did not bought SUV by accident, did you? How convenient you blame
other?