Andrew Muzi are you ok?

Old September 2nd 09, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

Default Andrew Muzi are you ok?

http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758
Old September 2nd 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Sep 2, 1:11*pm, " wrote:
http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758

Didn't look like Andy. However that motorist needs to get a suspended
license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.
Old September 2nd 09, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Norman

On Sep 2, 2:35*pm, landotter wrote:
On Sep 2, 1:11*pm, " wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758

Didn't look like Andy. However that motorist needs to get a suspended
license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.

While I agree, the odds are that such will never happen:
the perpetrator would be tried before a jury of people
who would likely be well aware that they drive just as
poorly.
Old September 2nd 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

Default Advice for Brandt (attn: Landotter)

On Sep 2, 2:06 pm, Jobst Brandt , quoting RBT
regular "Landotter", wrote:
Max Otter wrote:

snipped

Just for you, Jobst you old fool:

http://tinyurl.com/3zw6s

It's good advice, you should take it to heart!
Old September 2nd 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
someone

On 2 Sep, 19:35, landotter wrote:
On Sep 2, 1:11*pm, " wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758

Didn't look like Andy. However that motorist needs to get a suspended
license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.

The cyclist was overtaking a slow moving bus at a junction, he should
have made sure it was safe. The SUV driver did well to brake at all
given the lack of visibility due to the positioning of the cyclist.
The driver should be held 100% liable, he should have been paying
attention and stopped at the red light or approached with caution if
the light had failed.
Old September 2nd 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
someone

On Sep 2, 1:11*pm, " wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758

Didn't look like Andy. However that motorist needs to get a suspended
license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.

Not intentional, not assault.
Old September 2nd 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Sep 2, 2:06*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:
Max Otter wrote:

Dang--not only do you complain to me personally for using the nickname
I've been using for years and years--you feel the need to "out" me by
****ing up your attribution. Get checked for dementia and illusions of
grandeur.

Old September 2nd 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
someone

On 2 Sep, 20:06, Jobst Brandt wrote:
Max Otter wrote:
http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758

Didn't look like Andy. *However that motorist needs to get a
suspended license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.

Cheese! *He was only on the phone, minding his own conversation. *He
obviously meant no harm! *However, when I see such videos or witness
such an incident, I wonder how these folks don't get hit by a full
readymix truck on occasion if they are so oblivious to traffic lights.
I suspect they are more aware of cross traffic than they want to
admit, and that a bicycle does not threaten their own bodily safety.
The illogic of that doesn't surface.

Jobst Brandt

He saw the bus and thought he could safely jump the lights, the
cyclist was not in view because he was masked by the bus when the SUV
driver made his decision to jump the lights.
Old September 2nd 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
someone

Max Otter wrote:
http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758
Didn't look like Andy. *However that motorist needs to get a
suspended license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.

Cheese! *He was only on the phone, minding his own conversation. *He
obviously meant no harm! *However, when I see such videos or witness
such an incident, I wonder how these folks don't get hit by a full
readymix truck on occasion if they are so oblivious to traffic lights.
I suspect they are more aware of cross traffic than they want to
admit, and that a bicycle does not threaten their own bodily safety.
The illogic of that doesn't surface.

Jobst Brandt

He saw the bus and thought he could safely jump the lights, the
cyclist was not in view because he was masked by the bus when the SUV
driver made his decision to jump the lights.

Day-glo flourescent kit may help the stupid cyclist in these
instances. Don't overtake through junctions.
Old September 2nd 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

Max Otter wrote:

Dang--not only do you complain to me personally for using the nickname
I've been using for years and years--you feel the need to "out" me by
****ing up your attribution. Get checked for dementia and illusions of
grandeur.

He is "Brandt, the Great and Terrible", the once and (in his mind)
future king of rec.bicycles.* Don't f*** with him!! ;-)