Bike rebate?

Old September 7th 05, 06:57 AM
Shane Stanley

Default Bike rebate?

From http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200509/s1454859.htm

Medicare to offer new exercise rebate

A new Medicare rebate is being introduced to help battle Australia's
rising level of obesity.

The rebate will cover the costs of programs prescribed by exercise
physiologists to treat chronic sufferers of diseases such as diabetes,
high blood pressure and obesity.

Australian Association for Exercise and Sports Science president Chris
Tzar says exercise can be critical to the successful control of these
diseases.

"Approximately 65 per cent of patients undertake less than the minimum
required amount of physical activity per week," he said.

"We really need to start tackling chronic disease with relation to
lifestyle issues.

"Physical inactivity is expected to become the number one risk factor in
chronic disease, it will probably overtake smoking in the near future."

--------------
Anyone know a decent exercise physiologist? I think I need a program
that involves a new bike...

--
Shane Stanley
Old September 7th 05, 07:08 AM
Tamyka Bell

Shane Stanley wrote:

From http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200509/s1454859.htm

Medicare to offer new exercise rebate

A new Medicare rebate is being introduced to help battle Australia's
rising level of obesity.

The rebate will cover the costs of programs prescribed by exercise
physiologists to treat chronic sufferers of diseases such as diabetes,
high blood pressure and obesity.

snip

Isn't that nice? If you let yourself go, and end up fat and unhealthy,
we'll help cover the costs...

.... too bad if you've taken care of yourself from the start!

--------------
Anyone know a decent exercise physiologist? I think I need a program
that involves a new bike...

I have a department full of them, right here...

Tam
Old September 7th 05, 07:39 AM
flyingdutch

That would be Titanium exercise, right?

--
flyingdutch

Old September 7th 05, 07:58 AM
ritcho

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
Shane Stanley wrote:

From http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200509/s1454859.htm

Medicare to offer new exercise rebate

A new Medicare rebate is being introduced to help battle Australia's
rising level of obesity.

The rebate will cover the costs of programs prescribed by exercise
physiologists to treat chronic sufferers of diseases such as

diabetes,
high blood pressure and obesity.

snip

Isn't that nice? If you let yourself go, and end up fat and unhealthy,
we'll help cover the costs...

.... too bad if you've taken care of yourself from the start!

[snip]

Tam

I'd rather be healthy and live longer than be sick and die earlier for
the sake of a government handout...

Speaking of which, where's my handout? Everyone else gets one!

Ritch

--
ritcho

Old September 7th 05, 08:43 AM
Marx SS

Arh, here I am caught in the middle.
Fit enough not to get an excercse rebate & not fast/strong/consistant
enough to get AIS support.

--
Marx SS

Old September 7th 05, 08:57 AM
SteveA

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

Isn't that nice? If you let yourself go, and end up fat and unhealthy,
we'll help cover the costs...

Tam

It's cheaper to spend money to battle obesity now than it is to pay the
hospital costs of heart disease, diabetes, end stage liver failure,
kidney failure etc down the track. Give 'em some of my tax money now?
Or heaps more later?

Steve A

--
SteveA

Old September 7th 05, 09:05 AM
Shane Stanley

In article ,
Tamyka Bell wrote:

Isn't that nice? If you let yourself go, and end up fat and unhealthy,
we'll help cover the costs...

... too bad if you've taken care of yourself from the start!

Looks like that got your blood pressure rising nicely ;-)

--
Shane Stanley
Old September 7th 05, 09:06 AM
Tamyka Bell

ritcho wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
Shane Stanley wrote:

From http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200509/s1454859.htm

Medicare to offer new exercise rebate

A new Medicare rebate is being introduced to help battle Australia's
rising level of obesity.

The rebate will cover the costs of programs prescribed by exercise
physiologists to treat chronic sufferers of diseases such as

diabetes,
high blood pressure and obesity.

snip

Isn't that nice? If you let yourself go, and end up fat and unhealthy,
we'll help cover the costs...

.... too bad if you've taken care of yourself from the start!

[snip]

Tam

I'd rather be healthy and live longer than be sick and die earlier for
the sake of a government handout...

Speaking of which, where's my handout? Everyone else gets one!

Ritch

Yeah! I want one too! (PhD scholarship doesn't count!)

Tam
Old September 7th 05, 09:23 AM
Tamyka Bell

Shane Stanley wrote:

In article ,
Tamyka Bell wrote:

Isn't that nice? If you let yourself go, and end up fat and unhealthy,
we'll help cover the costs...

... too bad if you've taken care of yourself from the start!

Looks like that got your blood pressure rising nicely ;-)

:P That'd put it back into the normal range.

Tam
Old September 7th 05, 09:26 AM
Tamyka Bell

SteveA wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

Isn't that nice? If you let yourself go, and end up fat and unhealthy,
we'll help cover the costs...

Tam

It's cheaper to spend money to battle obesity now than it is to pay the
hospital costs of heart disease, diabetes, end stage liver failure,
kidney failure etc down the track. Give 'em some of my tax money now?
Or heaps more later?

Steve A

We should give obese people a 2 year time window to seek help to sort it
out, determine the precise cause, see if it can be diet/exercise
controlled. After that, pay for your own medical help, unless it is a
specific medical problem causing the obesity. Very little sympathy for
self-abusers. (Similarly alcoholics with liver problems, smokers with
lung cancer...) Probably makes me an unsympathetic bitch, but I was fat
and asthmatic and I did something about it.

Tam

Evaulating a bike Paul Cassel Techniques 96 August 22nd 05 11:45 PM
My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
Some questions etc.. Douglas Harrington General 10 August 17th 04 02:42 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM