New Year pedolutionists

Old January 11th 06, 02:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default New Year pedolutionists

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

I have a friend that used to be a MTBer. He stacked in the forest, no
one around. His back wheel was bent so badly that it didn't roll at
all.
He walked a few miles

In the forest and noone saw it - isn't that proof that it never
happened?
Which means he drove over the wheel, or something, as a sick appeal for
sympathy.

--
aeek

Old January 11th 06, 02:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-01-11, dave (aka Bruce)
Tamyka Bell wrote:
LotteBum wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

I have a friend that used to be a MTBer. He stacked in the forest, no
one around. His back wheel was bent so badly that it didn't roll at
all.
He walked a few miles

I like having people around when I stack. I happen to LIKE sympathy!

If you like sympathy so much, you should fall off more often.

I dunno. Its not working for TimC.
We just follow him around with the camcorder

Could I have a copy of the film? I'm sure there's some spectacular
footage in there. I would have been most impressed with the roll I
did about a year ago on grass at the end of a bike track.

You know it's a good crash when you come out of it laughing.
"Is something wrong? Are you hurt"
"BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!"

--
TimC
Kleeneness is next to Godelness.
Old January 11th 06, 02:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC wrote:

You know it's a good crash when you come out of it laughing.
"Is something wrong? Are you hurt"
"BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!"

I know it's a good crash when I start wondering what reading material to
take with me to casualty.

DaveB "broken bone free for 21 months"
Old January 11th 06, 02:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-01-11, DaveB (aka Bruce)
TimC wrote:

You know it's a good crash when you come out of it laughing.
"Is something wrong? Are you hurt"
"BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!"

I know it's a good crash when I start wondering what reading material to
take with me to casualty.

DaveB "broken bone free for 21 months"

I now see a cat and ribs in /your/ future too!

--
TimC
It's the _target_ that supposed to go "F00F", not the processor.
Old January 11th 06, 02:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle

aeek wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

I have a friend that used to be a MTBer. He stacked in the forest, no
one around. His back wheel was bent so badly that it didn't roll at
all.
He walked a few miles

In the forest and noone saw it - isn't that proof that it never
happened?
Which means he drove over the wheel, or something, as a sick appeal for
sympathy.

Nah, he was so embarrassed about the stack that he didn't tell anyone
about it for a few years. And so freaked out by how much worse it
could've been that he stopped riding trails alone... and given that his
friends were already over their MTB phase, that meant quitting MTB. Damn
shame.

Tam
Old January 11th 06, 02:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-01-11, aeek (aka Bruce)

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

I have a friend that used to be a MTBer. He stacked in the forest, no
one around. His back wheel was bent so badly that it didn't roll at
all.
He walked a few miles

In the forest and noone saw it - isn't that proof that it never
happened?

Ooooh. So zen.

--
TimC
I don't want Perl to be beautiful -- I want you to write
Old January 11th 06, 02:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-01-11, dave (aka Bruce)

Tamyka Bell wrote:

LotteBum wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

I have a friend that used to be a MTBer. He stacked in the forest, no
one around. His back wheel was bent so badly that it didn't roll at
all.
He walked a few miles

I like having people around when I stack. I happen to LIKE sympathy!

If you like sympathy so much, you should fall off more often.

I dunno. Its not working for TimC.
We just follow him around with the camcorder

Could I have a copy of the film? I'm sure there's some spectacular
footage in there. I would have been most impressed with the roll I
did about a year ago on grass at the end of a bike track.

You know it's a good crash when you come out of it laughing.
"Is something wrong? Are you hurt"
"BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!"

I told you about Ians fall? On a borrowed motorcycle? While stopped?
At a booze bus? With a slab on the pillion?

Dave
Old January 11th 06, 02:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle

David Trudgett Wrote:

The point is, as is so *often* the case, people rush to judge without
knowing or caring about the particular circumstances. They think they
know enough when they actually don't. There's an important lesson to
be learned there.

A positive attitude is fine, and preparation is even better, but try
as we might, Murphy is often lurking and waiting to pounce. :-) Sorry
if that's overly mythical... ;-) (couldn't resist...)

Several aspects which you're missing:

- Peter is an extremely experienced cyclist, more so than most of us on
a.b,
- You like to dramatise stuff past the point of tedium,
- And, yes, you're labouring the point. Again.

--
cfsmtb

Old January 11th 06, 03:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Tamyka Bell wrote:
And so freaked out by how much worse it
could've been that he stopped riding trails alone...

Drop bears? Hoop snakes?

Or death by embarrasement?
Old January 11th 06, 03:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle

coowoowoo wrote:

bahahahaha......such a visual there. These days the kids have way too
much to carry around on a bike..

Pigs. They are just unimaginative twits, who'd rather mummy drives them
to school and lets them out around the corner.

If you can carry a tuba, then you can carry anything.(*)
Lapies and all those electronic things just need padding in a pannier
(or shudder back pack). Hint, take it along to Clarke Rubber and they
can customer cut top and bottom layers and layer with the hole.

Alternative, cheap luggage, two ute hooks and a loop of shock cord asnd
you have a cheap, square pannier that can be adapted.

(okay, it was a cello for me, but I wasn't allowed either. Besides 500
metres is really walking distance).

LeJog year Brian G UK 0 October 2nd 05 01:12 PM
Have your hurricane in a swing state in an election year 41 Techniques 81 September 10th 05 04:03 PM
One year on LSMike UK 9 July 5th 05 05:52 PM
Want to know what year... anything will help bear General 1 November 29th 04 11:15 PM
One year ago today - progress calendar fattyjules Unicycling 5 June 1st 04 05:04 AM