New Section Little Miami Bike Trail Now Open

Old June 10th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc

Default New Section Little Miami Bike Trail Now Open

A new key segment of the Little Miami Bike Trail opens to the public this
weekend.

Work crews were busy painting the center-line stripe on the one-and-a-half mile
stretch through Terrace Park on Friday.

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) spent $1.1 million to build the
trail through the village.

Some residents were opposed to the construction, but state officials worked
closely with the community to reduce their fears.

"I don't think it's going to bring a lot of crime, if you will, to the
community," said Robyn Forbes, of Terrace Park.

"I've been on the trail, before I moved here, and that's just not the type of
people generally that are on the trail," said Forbes. "I think it's really going
to add to our community."

The Terrace park segment joins another link already completed to the Newtown
bridge.

Future plans show the trail extending all the way to downtown Cincinnati.

Dedication of the new section took place 11 a.m. Saturday morning at Avoca Park
on Wooster Pike.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/...ike_trail.html
Old June 12th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc

Garrison Hilliard wrote:
A new key segment of the Little Miami Bike Trail opens to the public this
weekend.

Work crews were busy painting the center-line stripe on the one-and-a-half mile
stretch through Terrace Park on Friday.

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) spent $1.1 million to build the
trail through the village.

Why does it cost so much to build a bike/multipurpose trail? It seems
like a lot of money, but maybe I just don't know what's involved in
building a trail ....

Janet