1979 Red Zinger Results

Old August 30th 07, 08:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike G

Default 1979 Red Zinger Results

Anyone know where I can put my hands on a copy?

Reply by email if you like.

Mike G.
mike at velodrome dot com
-
Old August 30th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Charles[_2_]

On Aug 30, 12:32 am, Mike G wrote:
Anyone know where I can put my hands on a copy?

Reply by email if you like.

Mike G.
mike at velodrome dot com
-

The 1979 event was sponsored by Coors. In that year Dale Stetina won.

Old August 30th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Rod

On Aug 30, 7:37 am, Charles wrote:
On Aug 30, 12:32 am, Mike G wrote:

Anyone know where I can put my hands on a copy?

Reply by email if you like.

Mike G.
mike at velodrome dot com
-

The 1979 event was sponsored by Coors. In that year Dale Stetina won.

I thought Kevin Costner won that year.

Old August 30th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
InTransit[_2_]

"Mike G" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can put my hands on a copy?

(Red Zinger) July 21-29, 1979

Final GC:

1. Dale Stetina, Ultima/Exxon, 19:22:18
2. Jacques Boyer, Grab On, at 47sec
3. Wayne Stetina, Ultima/Exxon, at 1:36
4. Greg LeMond, Avocet, at 1:43
5. Phil Anderson, International Composite, at 2:08
6. Frits Pirard, International Composite, at 2:32
7. Andy Weaver, USA, at 2:49
8. Greg Demgen, Kretschmer, at 3:02
9. David Mayer-Oakes, Ultima/Exxon, at 3:54
10. George Mount, AMF, at 4:15
11. Mark Pringle, Grab On, at 5:07
12. Larry Shields, U.S. Composite, at 7:26
13. Ian Jones, USA, at 7:26
14. John Howard, Ultima/Exxon, at 8:46
15. Tom Officer, AMF, at 10:10.

Final Men's Team Standings:

1. Ultima/Exxon, 52:34:37
2. AMF, at 13:11
3. USA, at 17:19
4. International Composite, at 23:50
5. Avocet, at 24:38

Old August 31st 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"InTransit" wrote in message

"Mike G" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can put my hands on a copy?

(Red Zinger) July 21-29, 1979

Final GC:

1. Dale Stetina, Ultima/Exxon, 19:22:18
2. Jacques Boyer, Grab On, at 47sec
3. Wayne Stetina, Ultima/Exxon, at 1:36
4. Greg LeMond, Avocet, at 1:43
5. Phil Anderson, International Composite, at 2:08
6. Frits Pirard, International Composite, at 2:32
7. Andy Weaver, USA, at 2:49
8. Greg Demgen, Kretschmer, at 3:02
9. David Mayer-Oakes, Ultima/Exxon, at 3:54
10. George Mount, AMF, at 4:15
11. Mark Pringle, Grab On, at 5:07
12. Larry Shields, U.S. Composite, at 7:26
13. Ian Jones, USA, at 7:26
14. John Howard, Ultima/Exxon, at 8:46
15. Tom Officer, AMF, at 10:10.

Where do we know Andy Weaver from?

Old August 31st 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message

Where do we know Andy Weaver from?

I'm confused on how you are asking your question. Weaver was from Coral
Ridge (Ft Lauderdale), Florida, rode for 7-Eleven, was on the 1984 Olympic
TTT squad that got a bronze medal, and I believe went on to MIT and became
an architect.

Old August 31st 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...da90048e9ba537
Old August 31st 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message

Where do we know Andy Weaver from?

I'm confused on how you are asking your question. Weaver was from Coral
Ridge (Ft Lauderdale), Florida, rode for 7-Eleven, was on the 1984 Olympic
TTT squad that got a bronze medal, and I believe went on to MIT and became
an architect.

Hmm, his name is so familiar I feel that either I know him from somewhere
related to bikes or that he was posting here.

Old September 1st 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message

Where do we know Andy Weaver from?

I'm confused on how you are asking your question. Weaver was from Coral
Ridge (Ft Lauderdale), Florida, rode for 7-Eleven, was on the 1984 Olympic
TTT squad that got a bronze medal, and I believe went on to MIT and became
an architect.

Hmm, his name is so familiar I feel that either I know him from somewhere
related to bikes or that he was posting here.

Dan has pointed out a previous newsgroup mention, but I suspect a
confusion between Randy Weaver and Andy Weaver:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Weaver

Old September 1st 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Dan has pointed out a previous newsgroup mention, but I suspect a
confusion between Randy Weaver and Andy Weaver

I think you're confusing Randy Weaver with Randy Walton.

Dan

Red Zinger / Coors Classic 3DVD set [email protected] UK 0 May 13th 07 03:19 PM
FS: 1979 Bob Jackson bike, 56cm Lou Deeter Marketplace 0 August 9th 06 01:39 PM
Movie Breaking Away (1979) Tom Nakashima Techniques 10 August 17th 05 05:30 PM
Rat Zinger Marty Australia 13 April 21st 05 02:35 AM
1979 Raleigh.. how to make brakes better Mike Beauchamp Techniques 18 December 2nd 04 04:40 AM