Bruyneel may go to Astana...

Old September 2nd 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Grosman

Default Bruyneel may go to Astana...

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com a écrit dans le message de news:
| "Tom Grosman" wrote in message
|
| A perfect fit. Johan's image needs as much cleaning up than Astana's.
|
| Yeah, there's nothing like never testing positive and winning everything
in
| sight to ruin a good reputation.

That's pre-911 thinking. Now just the fact that he's a Belgian who spent
most of the 90s racing in Spain for ONCE under Saiz is enough for many to
have questions about his reputation. Ït may or may not be fair, but it's the
way things are.

Old September 2nd 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

lewdvig wrote:
It is a charicuture of all the problems in cycling right now.

...and a charicature of almost everything wrong with the USA.

Or a stringicature or an inticature, or perhaps even a doubleicature.

Old September 3rd 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

As I stated earlier it's more a error in judgement than anything else.
It was a risk that Discovery could not afford due to doping scandals
at the time. If this was back in the 90's or 80's it probably would be
such a big deal. But with a new doping story flying around all the
time it made it cast a bad light on Discovery. So it's really a PR
error that Discovery could not afford.

Old September 3rd 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On Sep 2, 11:06 am, "Tom Grosman" wrote:
"Lou D'Amelio" a écrit dans le message de news:
om...
| On Sep 2, 12:31 am, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:
|
| EPO would not have been effective for Lemond's hunting accident.
|
| I'll explain more if you admit you're talking out your ass.- Hide quoted
text -

| Not jumping in on the doping/guilt/innocence issue - I could care less
| any more about that - it's tiresome and none of us will really never
| know what's going on behind the scenes in pro cycling. Just a quick
| medical note to address the above:
| EPO is commonly used in trauma and surgical critical care for the
| management of post-hemorrhagic anemia. This is one of the most common
| legitimate medical indications for its use. I have no idea whether
| Lemond received it in his care (wasn't in widespread use at the time
| for this purpose), but it's now given for this indication commonly and
| appropriately in trauma centers around the country.
|
| Lou D'Amelio

EPO wasn't yet approved by the FDA when Lemond had his hunting accident. And
the clinical testing at the time were being done on ESRD patients, not
trauma victims.

How dare you use facts when discussing Lemond?

People should listen to him..and not other 'retired' pros, one of
which is keeping a particularly low profile these days...

Old September 3rd 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com wrote:
People should listen to him..and not other 'retired' pros, one of
which is keeping a particularly low profile these days...

A low profile is much more aero.

Old September 3rd 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

EPO wasn't yet approved by the FDA when Lemond had his hunting accident.
And
the clinical testing at the time were being done on ESRD patients, not
trauma victims.

How dare you use facts when discussing Lemond?

People should listen to him..and not other 'retired' pros, one of
which is keeping a particularly low profile these days...

Which would be whom? Lance certainly hasn't been keeping a low profile
lately, what with his bizarre statements to the press. I think we're seeing
our own version of Bizarro World. When LeMond says something nonsensical,
Lance figures it's his turn to do the same. Floyd's been observing and once
in a while comes up with something himself.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Bruyneel is a genius..... Callistus Valerius Racing 1 July 24th 07 05:08 PM
Bruyneel blast Andreu tispectrum Racing 0 September 13th 06 05:17 PM
Holy Shit is Bruyneel an hypocrite Bill C Racing 36 August 26th 06 12:18 AM
Astana [email protected] Racing 1 August 16th 06 06:56 PM
Bruyneel: Lance 50-50 for 2005 Tour Jason Spaceman Racing 2 October 30th 04 02:14 AM