Cadence - Cateye V3 - Error?

Old July 5th 09, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JT

Default Cadence - Cateye V3 - Error?

Looking at my logs, I'm often reaching 199 cadence. Somewhat hard to
belive. I quote "The latest 2.4GHz digital data transmission virtually
eliminates interference and cross-talk".

When I sprint, I do find myself spinning rather fast once I've gained
speed. But at 199, not a chance.

Any ideas?
Old July 5th 09, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 16:05:38 -0700 (PDT), JT
wrote:

Looking at my logs, I'm often reaching 199 cadence. Somewhat hard to
belive. I quote "The latest 2.4GHz digital data transmission virtually
eliminates interference and cross-talk".

When I sprint, I do find myself spinning rather fast once I've gained
speed. But at 199, not a chance.

Any ideas?

Do you use a heart rate monitor? Those can interfere with wireless
computers.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old July 5th 09, 01:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JT

wrote:
Looking at my logs, I'm often reaching 199 cadence. Somewhat hard to
belive. I quote "The latest 2.4GHz digital data transmission virtually
eliminates interference and cross-talk".

When I sprint, I do find myself spinning rather fast once I've gained
speed. But at 199, not a chance.

Any ideas?

Do you use a heart rate monitor? *Those can interfere with wireless
computers.

Guy
--http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc|http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Newsgroup may contain nuts.

It's a cateye v3. I only use the heart rate monitor that is part of
the same package. (http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/460). And
according to them they have virtually eliminated cross talk. But
looking at my stats 11 out of 19 logs say I reached 199 (which is the
max the device can display). I've once had a heart rate reading of 248
also when im normally between 170-198.
Old July 7th 09, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Quoting JT :
Looking at my logs, I'm often reaching 199 cadence. Somewhat hard to
belive. I quote "The latest 2.4GHz digital data transmission virtually
eliminates interference and cross-talk".

Surely you may readily determine your cadence from your gearing and speed.
--
David Damerell Distortion Field!
Today is Second Thursday, Presuary.

CTC error wafflycat UK 66 September 27th 06 02:05 PM
FA: Cateye CD300DW Wireless Computer w/Cadence BeeCharmer Marketplace 1 April 30th 05 01:42 PM
user error. Marx SS Australia 3 February 7th 05 07:00 AM
Fundamental error in "Trends in serious head injuries..." Cook andSheikh 2003Fundamental error in "Trends in serious head injuries..." Cookand Sheikh 2003 James Annan UK 12 June 13th 04 11:14 AM
Cateye Wireless With Cadence Joel Solomon General 1 June 3rd 04 01:52 AM