It's better to look like a biker...than

Old October 8th 03, 10:14 PM
Badger South

Default It's better to look like a biker...than

Well I went out and priced some trail bikes and talked over
getting fitted and stuff. I almost popped for a $1200 Trek that
was on sale, but need to do more research. Yeah, that's the
ticket.

Instead, I got the catalogue and got a nice bike T, and shopped
around for bike shorts.

At least now I look like a biker. From a distance. ;-p

I feel ashamed for waffling. Fernando would be proud, though.

-B
--
Email Replies to johnsonnospm01j att ntelos dott net
Old October 9th 03, 01:24 AM
Badger South

In article ,
Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
(Badger South) writes:

Instead, I got the catalogue and got a nice bike T, and shopped
around for bike shorts.

At least now I look like a biker. From a distance. ;-p

I feel ashamed for waffling. Fernando would be proud, though.

At least you did things in the right order, from a Systems Analysis
angle: get the software that does what you need; then get the
hardware to support the software.

I feel better, especially since I had a killer ride in my jersey
with the little swoosh emblem and a small nalgene bottle in the
rear pockets.

I was wearing a ratty cotton tank top, under a raincoat.

cutoffs[*] over bike shorts, but the pockets can't contain much,
otherwise they hang out and slap against my thighs like filled
colostomy bags. Jersey rear pockets are wonderfully convenient

You have a way with words...yecch! ;-)

and capacious. Wallets aren't as apt to fall out of them as
some people think. And you can bend over without having your
reading glasses fall out of your shirt pocket.

Anyhow, you've made a start, and that's the important thing.
Now, how about getting the damn bike :-)

I'm entering the anticipatory phase. I believe the FAQ says I
should draw this out as long as possible.

cheers,
Tom

[*] nice, soft, non-seamy gabardine ones made from a pair of
hospital employee pants that I sorta liberated.

That "Vancouver General Hospital" stamp across the butt is
haute couture.

Tanks fer de encourage-mounte' ;-)

-B
--
Email Replies to johnsonnospm01j att ntelos dott net
Old October 9th 03, 01:27 AM
David L. Johnson

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:47:38 +0000, Tom Keats wrote:

*Jersey rear
pockets are wonderfully convenient and capacious. Wallets aren't as apt
to fall out of them as some people think.

Not so clear. I've had my wallet fall out of my jersey twice now. One
time, a passing motorist noticed it and picked it up to give it back to
me, the other time another cyclist did. I was lucky both times.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win you're
_`\(,_ | still a rat. --Lilly Tomlin
(_)/ (_) |

Old October 9th 03, 01:43 AM
Badger South

In article ,
David L. Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:47:38 +0000, Tom Keats wrote:

*Jersey rear
pockets are wonderfully convenient and capacious. Wallets aren't as apt
to fall out of them as some people think.

Not so clear. I've had my wallet fall out of my jersey twice now. One
time, a passing motorist noticed it and picked it up to give it back to
me, the other time another cyclist did. I was lucky both times.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win you're
_`\(,_ | still a rat. --Lilly Tomlin
(_)/ (_) |

Maybe get some velcro strips and make one pocket a velcro seal?

That's my plan. You can stitch 'em in if you buy your wife a
preysant, she might help you with the technical parts:
osculating the filament and engaging the auger...

-B

--
Email Replies to johnsonnospm01j att ntelos dott net
Old October 9th 03, 04:11 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"David L. Johnson" writes:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:47:38 +0000, Tom Keats wrote:

*Jersey rear
pockets are wonderfully convenient and capacious. Wallets aren't as apt
to fall out of them as some people think.

Not so clear. I've had my wallet fall out of my jersey twice now. One
time, a passing motorist noticed it and picked it up to give it back to
me, the other time another cyclist did. I was lucky both times.

Jeez, I've never had that happen. And I make frequent, worry-wart
feel-checks to make sure it's still there.

Maybe it has to do with my riding a more upright-positioned MTB.
If you're down in the drops, I can see stuff scootin' forward
outa the pockets if ya hit the binders hard.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old October 9th 03, 01:53 PM
H. M. Leary

In article ,
"David L. Johnson" wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:47:38 +0000, Tom Keats wrote:

*Jersey rear
pockets are wonderfully convenient and capacious. Wallets aren't as apt
to fall out of them as some people think.

Not so clear. I've had my wallet fall out of my jersey twice now. One
time, a passing motorist noticed it and picked it up to give it back to
me, the other time another cyclist did. I was lucky both times.

Dear Professor:

It is obvious from the above that Lehigh is paying you far to much!

Hahahahahah.
Yeah, right.

HAND

Old October 10th 03, 04:15 AM
bb

Get a grip! Wrap a couple fat rubber bands around your wallet. It won't
slip around.
bob