Shopping GPS/Heart Rate Monitor

Old June 22nd 11, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
yirgster

Default Shopping GPS/Heart Rate Monitor

kolldata, are u saying that using the gps doesn't drain the battery much more quickly? This isn't what I've read, what I've been told, or what I've observed in my car. Which is now why I always have it in the charger while I'm using the gps in the car. You know, for directions.

Is this not correct?

Or did u mean something else entirely?
Old June 22nd 11, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

every function added adds .x amps battery drain. running nthe gPS
opens the atlk speak function without

speech circuit drain but with GPS track drain. sounds like a tossup on
which is larger but I'll bet on speech.

I got into and out of this with a Timex digital compass watch for
rides over flat terrain or better around unkown suburbs. and
lighting. A zero with disc batts, maybe Li ion cell batts.

seperate units for seperate functions.

wanna see what time it is at 1AM ? use a flashlight.
Old June 22nd 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

On Jun 22, 1:28*pm, kolldata wrote:
every function added adds .x amps battery drain. running nthe gPS
opens the atlk speak function without

speech circuit drain but with GPS track drain. sounds like a tossup on
which is larger but I'll bet on speech.

I got into and out of this with a Timex digital compass watch for
rides over flat terrain *or better around unkown suburbs. and
lighting. A zero with disc batts, maybe Li ion cell batts.

seperate units for seperate functions.

wanna see what time it is at 1AM ? use a flashlight.

AA or AAA flashlight.

try the Black Diamond AAA lamp ?

I walked past Wals cell phone stand a few minutes ago and wondered
what ? above SEA Cattle WA
looked kinda non functional comapred to the waterproof' Casio I donot
listen to.

These multi use devices look kinda 'cute'

but I guess users perceive themselves inhabiting a superior techno
space and accruing therein.