SS 14g 36er Spokes breaking

Old June 21st 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adelman

Default SS 14g 36er Spokes breaking

rob.northcott wrote:
One of the nipple heads sheared off after less than 20 miles, but I
think that was just a bad nipple as I've had no problems since I
replaced it.

Rob

Or it could be too short a spoke length. The spokes need to be long
enough to thread up through the body of the nipple (the thin part) and
up into the head (thick part) or else the nipples will fail at the
junction between the head and body.

Pull the tire and rim tape and look at a few. Ideally, the spokes
should come up through the nipple and stop flush with the bottom of the
screwdriver slot in the head of the nipple. A millimeter or so either
way of that shouldn't be a problem.

Ken

--
adelman
Old June 26th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

Well, I just noticed today that I had been riding around on my fairly
new N36 with a broken spoke for quite a while. It broke right at
the hub too.

So I just tried to find some replacement spokes online, but no luck so
far. I figured they would have to be 371mm long for my super wide hub,
or 361mm if I were going to do a new Wheelbuild with a Schlumpf hub.

Does anybody know where to find these? I'm in the Netherlands by the
way.
Any help would be much apreciated!

----------------
Now playing: 'Boards Of Canada - '84 Pontiac Dream'
(http://tinyurl.com/66w556)
via 'FoxyTunes' (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

--
munirocks
Old June 27th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

Make sure they use brass washers on the elbow end. I had a coker wheel
build without them, and broke a lot of spokes.

corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com

SS 14g 36er Spokes breaking ntappin Unicycling 1 June 18th 08 02:06 PM
SS 14g 36er Spokes breaking MT High Unicycling 0 June 18th 08 07:32 AM
36er spokes? lpounds Unicycling 13 March 22nd 08 12:33 PM
spokes breaking... help!!! ed Techniques 9 July 11th 07 03:46 AM
Breaking Spokes Roger Zoul Techniques 90 July 13th 04 06:59 PM