Department of "well, duh!"

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 16th 21, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Department of "well, duh!"

The last two times I went out, I came back without the safety pin in
the ankle of the right leg of my sweat pants. That is, of course, the
important pin -- the left leg isn't going to get caught in the chain.

So I decided that from now on, I'll sew that leg -- an enormous bar
tack would be almost as quick as a pin, and much more secure.

But if I ride with an important temporary stitch, it's probably a good
idea to take a needle and some coarse thread along, just in case. I
can weave the needle into a swatch of wool and put it and a piece of
thread into a "Pill Pouch" (teeny ziplock bag).

So what can I stash a needle in that I always have with me?

My little notebook is an obvious candidate for such things -- that's
where I keep spare bandaids (not in much demand now that I've stopped
sweating them off). But I'm always pulling the notebook out of my
pocket and opening it; the pill pouch is likely to fall out.

When I'm riding is almost the only time I have my wallet; I always
carry it even though I have no use for coins, bills, and cards now
that I'm not allowed to go in anywhere. I could put the needle into
the pill pouch that I carry a new flosser in. (Also in no demand now
that I'm not allowed to eat along the way.)

But to fit into the card pocket, it really ought to be inside
something stiff.

Something stiff like my calling-card sewing kit.

http://wlweather.net/PAGESEW/RUFFTEXT/SEWKIT/SEWKIT6h.JPG

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net