diabetes australia brisbane to gold coast cycling challenge

Old September 7th 06, 09:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default diabetes australia brisbane to gold coast cycling challenge

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:45:40 GMT
Theo Bekkers wrote:
I got a call from the Red Cross at 8pm last night. "Could you please
be here at 8 Thursday morning, we have an emergency" (hopefully it
wasn't a cyclist). When I got there the place was packed with fellow
bleeders. I think someone was in serious trouble. As a reward for
turning up they gave a me a bag of chocolate hearts and a Mars bar.
:-)

This end of the country they've been ringing up all the type O.
They've put me on whole blood then 2-3 plasma then another whole
blood.

Looks like they are dead low in all respects. Probably because of
the BSE problem, exclude anyone who has been to pommyland and that
cuts a hell of a lot of people.

Zebee
Old September 7th 06, 11:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Absent Husband wrote:

I'm pretty keen, but am baulking at the cost (around $50, isn't it??).

Maybe we should organise a Bne-Gold Coast (and return) LA ride!!

Thanks for the tip on the Balmoral Imp Century Abby. Might see you
there.
Apart from the ride, I'm scouting a new club to join and will be able
to check them out.

Donga

Old October 3rd 06, 12:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

Donga Wrote:
Absent Husband wrote:

I'm pretty keen, but am baulking at the cost (around $50, isn't

it??).

Maybe we should organise a Bne-Gold Coast (and return) LA ride!!

Thanks for the tip on the Balmoral Imp Century Abby. Might see you
there.
Apart from the ride, I'm scouting a new club to join and will be able
to check them out.

Donga

im bumping this because its steadily creeping close to the 15th.
i think they have over 2000 people in this already... i wonder how many
are keen for the ride back?
also realised yesterday that i dont start uni until 1pm on the monday,
so that basically means: ride, stretch, bath, beer!!
anyone going to join me? (not in the bath you pervy b*stards!)

as for this big LA ride, im free on weekends after the 19th of november
until early march... im sure we can decide on some time during those 3
months :P

--
asterope

Old October 4th 06, 01:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

asterope wrote:

Donga Wrote:
Absent Husband wrote:

I'm pretty keen, but am baulking at the cost (around $50, isn't

it??).

Maybe we should organise a Bne-Gold Coast (and return) LA ride!!

Thanks for the tip on the Balmoral Imp Century Abby. Might see you
there.
Apart from the ride, I'm scouting a new club to join and will be able
to check them out.

Donga

im bumping this because its steadily creeping close to the 15th.
i think they have over 2000 people in this already... i wonder how many
are keen for the ride back?
also realised yesterday that i dont start uni until 1pm on the monday,
so that basically means: ride, stretch, bath, beer!!
anyone going to join me? (not in the bath you pervy b*stards!)

Ooooh, well the beer sounds good...

as for this big LA ride, im free on weekends after the 19th of november
until early march... im sure we can decide on some time during those 3
months :P

Did anyone enjoy this ride last year?
Old October 5th 06, 11:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Tamyka Bell wrote:
asterope wrote:

Donga Wrote:
Absent Husband wrote:

[...]

I didn't do this ride last year because of the cost with my kids,
although it is a good cause for many of the sufferers (not the
lard-arses who invite the disease). The folks who did it had a phat
time - many happy punters. I did the ride a few weeks later with the
Grand Prix and it was just 'OK' - not a classic route by any stretch,
as MM said earlier in the thread. I rode there this week with my son
who wanted 'the badge' and honestly, the route mostly sucks. Go if you
want to be in the event, but not for the route.

Donga