Zefal Isotherm water bottle keeps water coldest?

Old July 17th 04, 07:07 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Intro -- was Zefal Isotherm water bottle keeps water coldest?

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:28:21 GMT, the black rose
wrote:
Today's stage (12) had some surprises and really shook up the standings.
Pretty exciting stuff.

If there weren't cows involved, I'm probably not interested.
--
Rick Onanian
Old July 21st 04, 05:38 AM
Claire Petersky

brian-s-jones-at-comcast.net wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:31:40 -0700, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

Yes. the wacky grabby thing that spirals around other plants and has
pretty white flowers. My family always called it morning glory, my
lovely bride's family calls it columbine, but I like bindweed.

Columbine is a very beautiful plant...far from invasive. The flowers
are quite striking. Grows wild in some parts of the country...we have
planted many of them in our garden in NW Washington (State).

I agree. I couldn't get the columbine complaint, but now that I know it's
bindweed, yeah, sure.

FWIW, I tried the sprig of mint thing in my water bottle for STP. Despite
the weird black stuff growing in the bottle by the end of the ride, the
water tasted minty fresh for the entire 200 mile ride.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:
Old July 21st 04, 09:49 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Rick Onanian writes:

Does anybody know if the black stuff that grows in sports drinks is
safe? I've drank small amounts of drinks with it a couple times
before realizing it was there. Stupid translucent speckled water
bottles.

A solution of chlorine bleach & water of the same strength
you'd use to clean coffee stains off a mug makes short work
of getting rid of that stuff.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old July 22nd 04, 11:56 AM
the black rose

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Rick Onanian writes:

Does anybody know if the black stuff that grows in sports drinks is
safe? I've drank small amounts of drinks with it a couple times
before realizing it was there. Stupid translucent speckled water
bottles.

A solution of chlorine bleach & water of the same strength
you'd use to clean coffee stains off a mug makes short work
of getting rid of that stuff.

And would you believe, so does plain old white vinegar. To be perfectly
honest, the black stuff *does* come back faster after a vinegar
treatment. And the smell of vinegar killing the black stuff is
atrocious. But it's non-toxic (unless you're allergic to vinegar) and
you don't need to worry about the traces of vinegar that get behind.

--
the black rose
GO LANCE GO!!!

Old July 23rd 04, 06:25 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
the black rose wrote:

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Rick Onanian writes:

Does anybody know if the black stuff that grows in sports drinks is
safe? I've drank small amounts of drinks with it a couple times
before realizing it was there. Stupid translucent speckled water
bottles.

A solution of chlorine bleach & water of the same strength
you'd use to clean coffee stains off a mug makes short work
of getting rid of that stuff.

And would you believe, so does plain old white vinegar. To be perfectly
honest, the black stuff *does* come back faster after a vinegar
treatment. And the smell of vinegar killing the black stuff is
atrocious. But it's non-toxic (unless you're allergic to vinegar) and
you don't need to worry about the traces of vinegar that get behind.

Very diluted chlorine bleach is a standard water treatment in
circumstances where more pleasant-tasting treatments are not available
or too expensive. It's not terribly dangerous, and the taste will
positively reinforce your desire to rinse out the bottle thoroughly.

But doesn't everyone just wash their bottles regularly? I put sports
drink (SISU Hydrade), diluted orange juice, and water through my bottles
regularly, but I also wash them after almost every use (I'm more lax if
it just had water in it). You're washing dishes anyways, right?

No scary black stuff so far,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club
Old July 23rd 04, 09:33 PM
the black rose

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
You're washing dishes anyways, right?

*cough* I don't do dishes. I have a husband and 3 sons still at home
who can do that.

--
the black rose
GO LANCE GO!!!

Old July 24th 04, 03:40 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
the black rose wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
You're washing dishes anyways, right?

*cough* I don't do dishes. I have a husband and 3 sons still at home
who can do that.

"You" in the sense of the French "on," then, rather than "vous." Make
'em wash your bottles then.

The Lovely One generally leaves the washing-up to me,

water bottle mounting MarkR General 8 May 20th 04 08:55 PM
cleaning bikes in the winter Doug Purdy General 25 December 22nd 03 11:22 PM
Stupid question: Pink water bottle cages? Preston Crawford General 10 September 8th 03 05:45 AM
Water bottle you don't have to tip up Dan Musicant General 9 July 23rd 03 06:51 PM