The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- Why Off-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited

Old July 13th 03, 05:37 PM
botchka

Default The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- Why Off-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:56:35 GMT, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On 13 Jul 2003 12:30:07 +0950, sm266 wrote:

.Unfortunately, as humans, we have already taken over the planet. I feel
SNIP

Mike, I wasn't going to respond because honestly I thought you were
trolling. I've googled some of your usenet crap and now I think that you
honestly believe your own drivel. How in the world you can rationalize
mountain bikers as causing more environmental damage than say, bulldozing a
new road or a new housing tract, throwing away our consumables, clear
cutting forests, or driving a car, is beyond me. Some of the most
environmentally conscious people that I know are bikers. They are the
folks that are least likely to hop into their car for a short trip to the
store. They are the folks that are more likely to recycle or reuse grocery
bags and not buy anything that cannot be recycled.

You keep referring to the fact that bikes should remain on the roads. Does
this mean that the road that got built, didn't impact the environment in
any way? The mere fact that a human being takes up space in this reality,
means that they impact the environment in some way. Where we choose to
make our battles on the environment front is of course everyone's own
personal choice. That being said, a fly stepping on a piece of sacred
wetlands and killing the last known blade of special grass is much less
important to me than the wholesale destruction of the Amazon rainforest to
make way for grazing lands, or saving the last remaining stands of
old-growth redwoods in the Pacific Northwest.

If you can't understand my point, Mike, it is this. Give me a ****ing
break dork! Go knock on Exxon's door and ask them to explain themselves or
ask Pacific Lumber why they think they are entitled to every last remaining
stand of old-growth redwoods.

I can't be bothered to read your website because honestly, your energy
would be better spent jerking off into a recycled paper towel....

Greg
--
http://www.treelimb.org/
A blogunity
Old July 13th 03, 09:01 PM
higb

botchka wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:56:35 GMT, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On 13 Jul 2003 12:30:07 +0950, sm266 wrote:

.Unfortunately, as humans, we have already taken over the planet. I feel
SNIP

Mike, I wasn't going to respond because honestly I thought you were
trolling. I've googled some of your usenet crap and now I think that you
honestly believe your own drivel. How in the world you can rationalize
mountain bikers as causing more environmental damage than say, bulldozing a
new road or a new housing tract, throwing away our consumables, clear
cutting forests, or driving a car, is beyond me. Some of the most [...]

Funny, I wrote (and then deleted) a post to Mike that also compared
bikes to bulldozers. I deleted it because at this point it's clear Mike
just is.
Old July 13th 03, 10:10 PM
sm266

yeah, i've determined he's a loser. He probably always wanted to ride DH
or XC, but couldn't progress past training wheels. Now, he's stuck
trying to annoy those of us who have the balls to pursue living. He's
sitting at home french kissing his pocket protector, jerking off to the
Tour de France as we type.

Old July 14th 03, 08:16 AM
CandT

sniptroll timewasting/snip

Please guys, tell your friends, family, the guy who says 'hi' to you in the
corner shop - and his uncle too, this guy is a troll, plain and simple. (I
wouldn't mention his name, as that's exactly what he and all trolls want -
notoriety).

Just ride, and be happy...

CandT
Old July 14th 03, 10:08 PM
Jeff Strickland

Mike,
Why do you repeatedly cross post your lunacy to boards where only you
participate in the conversation?

I have 4 or 5 successive posts where you are the only participant. Upon
opening the post, I find that a party in another group has made a comment,
and trimmed the other groups from his reply. Then, you make your moronic
statement and include all of the other groups again so we see you having a
conversation with yourself.

Not only do you not play well outside, you don't play well indoors either.

Old July 16th 03, 03:42 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:16:54 GMT, CandT wrote:

..sniptroll timewasting/snip
..
..Please guys, tell your friends, family, the guy who says 'hi' to you in the
..corner shop - and his uncle too, this guy is a troll, plain and simple. (I
..wouldn't mention his name, as that's exactly what he and all trolls want -
..notoriety).
..
..Just ride, and be happy...
..
..CandT

It's nice to know that you can't help talking about me, even when I'm not
around.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 16th 03, 03:44 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:08:20 -0700, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:

..
..Mike,
..Why do you repeatedly cross post your lunacy to boards where only you
..participate in the conversation?
..
..I have 4 or 5 successive posts where you are the only participant. Upon
..opening the post, I find that a party in another group has made a comment,
..and trimmed the other groups from his reply. Then, you make your moronic
..statement and include all of the other groups again so we see you having a
..conversation with yourself.
..
..Not only do you not play well outside, you don't play well indoors either.

I post to groups where relevant. DUH!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 16th 03, 03:45 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:29:55 GMT, CandT wrote:

..On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:08:20 -0700, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
..
..
..Mike,
..Why do you repeatedly cross post your lunacy to boards where only you
..participate in the conversation?
..
..I have 4 or 5 successive posts where you are the only participant. Upon
..opening the post, I find that a party in another group has made a comment,
..and trimmed the other groups from his reply. Then, you make your moronic
..statement and include all of the other groups again so we see you having a
..conversation with yourself.
..
..Not only do you not play well outside, you don't play well indoors either.
..
..
..Because he's a troll, and trolls do that - they thrive on the responses, and if
..they don't get one - they post again to freshen up the thread so that it appears
..in people's news readers. They crosspost to have the biggest impact.
..
..Its just a shame that people respond to him, we all do it - I've done it many
..times - but finally I've realised that it really has no effect - so there's no
..point in arguing the case to someone who will take his opinions to his grave.
..
..I just relish in the fact that,. while I'm riding the beautiful South Wales
..valleys, MV is sitting behind his computer having no effect on us either.
..
..I think a good start would be to have an entry put in the FAQ right at the top,
..which might at least keep a percentage of people from responding in their anger
..to one of MV's posts. Something like
..
.."You will see posts from M... V...., please read these and enjoy but do not
..under any cicumstances respond as he is a well known troll."
..
..CandT

Then what are YOU doing, hypocrite?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 18th 03, 08:07 PM
Stephen Baker

Graham Haller says:

Now there's a really cool dude who knows where his towel is...

But does he have a couple of bags of chips handy?

;-)

Steve