Stupid question: Pink water bottle cages?

Old August 27th 03, 11:29 PM
Preston Crawford

Default Stupid question: Pink water bottle cages?

My wife thinks it would be fun and quirky to put these on her bike, but
everyone only has yellow, blue, etc. Does anyone know of an online retailer
that might carry these or a Euorpean retailer that might ship to the US?

Preston

Old August 28th 03, 01:09 AM
Preston Crawford

"Doug" wrote in message
You could buy a white one and spray paint it pink...

Figured that. Wouldn't the paint rub off, though? I mean easily? Or is there
a kind of spray paint that's pretty durable (I'm the kind of guy that never
sets foot in anything resembling a home improvement section). I'm just
thinking about bikes getting rained on, bottles getting slid in and out,
etc. Is there a pain durable enough to stand up to that?

Preston

Old August 28th 03, 02:08 AM
Doug

Preston,

I've had pretty good luck painting bottle cages. If you prepare the surface
first, it should not rub off easily. Use light sandpaper to dull the
existing paint, then apply a few light coats of the desired color. Let it
dry and you should be all set!

Doug

Old August 28th 03, 02:39 AM
Luigi de Guzman

"Preston Crawford" wrote in message ...
My wife thinks it would be fun and quirky to put these on her bike, but
everyone only has yellow, blue, etc. Does anyone know of an online retailer
that might carry these or a Euorpean retailer that might ship to the US?

Preston

ye gods.

although I am intrigued by the concept. If Bekah* had bottle bosses,
I'd mount a pink bottle, just for colour-coordination...

-Luigi

*Bekah=hot pink MBK mixte, hub geared. My London transport.
Old August 28th 03, 03:12 AM
Pete

"Preston Crawford" wrote in message
My wife thinks it would be fun and quirky to put these on her bike, but
everyone only has yellow, blue, etc. Does anyone know of an online

retailer
that might carry these or a Euorpean retailer that might ship to the US?

Preston

A little creative googling shows:
http://bikepartsforsale.com/page327152.htm
"ATB WATERBOTTLE CAGE (neon yellow or pink) regular $5.95 now $2.95"

Pete

Old August 28th 03, 07:07 PM
John Everett

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:13:38 GMT, "Doug"
wrote:

You could buy a white one and spray paint it pink...

Or a translucent one and fill it with pink lemonade.

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
Old September 5th 03, 11:27 PM
Frederic Briere

Preston Crawford wrote:
My wife thinks it would be fun and quirky to put these on her bike, but
everyone only has yellow, blue, etc. Does anyone know of an online retailer
that might carry these or a Euorpean retailer that might ship to the US?

Depending on the shade of pink you're looking for, a red bottle cage
might just to the trick. I've bought two from MEC a month ago, and they
look more bubblegum pink than red to me.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?prd_id=521377

--
Frederic Briere *

= IS NO MO http://www.abacomsucks.com =