Trading up roadies......wooohhooooo!!!!

Old March 26th 06, 12:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Trading up roadies......wooohhooooo!!!!

About 3 weeks ago I privately sold my 2002 Avanti Monza with 8spd Sora and
over 20,000km on the clock....it was in reasonable condition and I got $500
for it.

Today I scored a bike off of Ebay for $585 and picked it up tonight from out
near Clinton's Rd....here's the photo that was on ebay.....

http://tinyurl.com/lehqm

It's an Eddy Merckx frame made of Columbus tubing with a seat tube length of
63cm. Chorus 10spd levers and brakes with Record front and rear
derailleurs. Has a Sigma Targa with 1800km or so on the clock!!!! The guy
lived on a steep dirt road and had a 13-27t cluster on the rear. He also
threw in an almost brand new 12-25t Chorus cluster, BBB cluster tool, and a
BBB chain whip!!!! The bike is in great condition and has Mavic classic SSC
wheels and hubs (nice loud clickety clack on the rear when coasting), a
Rolls seat and Columbus stem. GPL will be happy to hear that I finally got
my first bit of CF bling (the body of the Record rear derailleur).

I am pretty sure that I got a good deal for a total changeover of $85 and I
don't think the missus realised that the other one had gone so I don't even
have to explain why I need another bike.

The only bad bit is that my cast has to stay on my arm for another five
weeks so I won't get to ride it for a while (am still on the mtb for work
though).

Gags

Old March 26th 06, 01:44 PM posted to aus.bicycle

"Gags" gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote in message
[...]

That definitely sounds like $85 well spent! Pity you can't ride the thing
yet though.

Old March 27th 06, 02:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle

[...]

Wow! That is certainly a bargain. Enjoy the ride, when you're able to of
course.

Old March 27th 06, 06:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch wrote:
stealth purchase. well done.
have a mate in Adelaide who had a red bike. bought a second one. also
red. bought a third. got it painted red. 'Her-indoors' never spotted
the difference and never goes in shed.
--
flyingdutch

Bikes in the shed, sacriligeious!