Cyclist rides into parked lorry

Old July 18th 18, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclist rides into parked lorry

No details yet, but I wonder if the bike had dropped handlebars?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/...ices-1-5611885
Old July 18th 18, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 18/07/18 09:24, MrCheerful wrote:
No details yet, but I wonder if the bike had dropped handlebars?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/...ices-1-5611885

Oh, do many of the drivers that run into the back of lorries have
dropped handlebars?
Old July 18th 18, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 18/07/2018 17:09, TMS320 wrote:
On 18/07/18 09:24, MrCheerful wrote:
No details yet, but I wonder if the bike had dropped handlebars?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/...ices-1-5611885

Oh, do many of the drivers that run into the back of lorries have
dropped handlebars?

Have you actually read the story?

It's about a cyclist, on a cycle, who was cycling.

IOW, it was right on-topic.
Old July 18th 18, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, 18 July 2018 17:09:20 UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

Oh, do many of the drivers that run into the back of lorries have
dropped handlebars?

Here you go!

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/D4TEGY/isu...-uk-D4TEGY.jpg
Old July 18th 18, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 18/07/18 17:12, JNugent wrote:
On 18/07/2018 17:09, TMS320 wrote:
On 18/07/18 09:24, MrCheerful wrote:
No details yet, but I wonder if the bike had dropped handlebars?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/...ices-1-5611885

Oh, do many of the drivers that run into the back of lorries have
dropped handlebars?

Have you actually read the story?

No need to. Have you actually read the comment added by Cheerless?

It's about a cyclist, on a cycle, who was cycling.

It does appear to be something about a person riding a bike. A word in
the link gives the clue.

IOW, it was right on-topic.

Who says it wasn't?

Old July 19th 18, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 18/07/2018 21:00, TMS320 wrote:

On 18/07/18 17:12, JNugent wrote:
On 18/07/2018 17:09, TMS320 wrote:
On 18/07/18 09:24, MrCheerful wrote:

No details yet, but I wonder if the bike had dropped handlebars?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/...ices-1-5611885

Oh, do many of the drivers that run into the back of lorries have
dropped handlebars?

Have you actually read the story?

No need to. Have you actually read the comment added by Cheerless?

I have, and make no comment on it save for observing that the musing on
"dropped handlebars" seems relevant.

It's about a cyclist, on a cycle, who was cycling.

It does appear to be something about a person riding a bike. A word in
the link gives the clue.

IOW, it was right on-topic.

Who says it wasn't?

Why start talking about drivers?

The story isn't about drivers.

It was about a cyclist.
Old July 19th 18, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 18:44:12 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, 18 July 2018 17:09:20 UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

Oh, do many of the drivers that run into the back of lorries have
dropped handlebars?

Here you go!

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/D4TEGY/isu...-uk-D4TEGY.jpg

Those are a good idea, then you can ram arseholes who think it's funny to
tap their brakes when they think you're driving too close.
Old July 19th 18, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:24:25 +0100, MrCheerful
wrote:

No details yet, but I wonder if the bike had dropped handlebars?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/...ices-1-5611885

I ****ed off a cyclist the other day, after the car in front did the
same. You know those cheap **** tarmac layers councils put down with
loose stones, where you're meant to go 20? Well they seem to hurt
cyclists when you overtake them at speed :-)
Old July 19th 18, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 17:09:16 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 18/07/18 09:24, MrCheerful wrote:
No details yet, but I wonder if the bike had dropped handlebars?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/...ices-1-5611885

Oh, do many of the drivers that run into the back of lorries have
dropped handlebars?

They don't tend to drive into parked ones.